Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can see why people would be afriad to have the BNP in #10

A great example of the BNP is the Republican party, which i feel should change its name to the ANP...

A fringe party, for people who are racist, fearful or just plain stupid.
    the big print giveth the small print taketh

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Griffin

He has a rite to appear on the show as an elected person.Its up to the general public to judge him on how he performs.I have been to the show personally 3 times ,.And paid to go once to partake with tony Blair on

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    I have been to the show personally 3 times ,.And paid to go once to partake with tony Blair on
    I went once. Boring panel that week, though. It's always much better when there's a bit more confrontation. Ian Hislop is always an excellent guest.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The BNP on Question Time is both acceptable and pointless.

Acceptable because they're a democratically elected party, no matter how repugnant their views, and this will at least put a temporary stop to their constant and unjustified whinging that the media ignores them or only portrays them in a negative light.

It's also pointless, as the questions will be pre-vetted, the answers rehearsed a hundred times, and worse of all the government are putting up Jack Straw - a man who couldn't argue his way out of a paper bag. We'll learn nothing from this other than (shock horror) the BNP are racists with no other real policies.

The BBC will be afraid of giving them too tough a time for fear of looking biased. Although I despise the man for many many things, the best person to have on the panel would be George Galloway. An unpleasant person in many respects, but at least represents an ethnically diverse area and isn't backwards in coming forward in a debate. He'd tear Griffin apart.

Failing that the non-politician on the panel should be Clive James. He's impressed on several occasions with his calm and measured approach, and I've found myself agreeing with almost every single word he's said.

Or Jarvis "I don't really know what's going on" Cocker, just for comedy
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    George Galloway? dear God no.

Nick Griffin should be forced to sit next to Peter Tatchell

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't have a problem with it either. I think and hope he'll buckle. However, the people that they really need to convince not to vote for these idiots aren't going to be tuning into a show like Question Time. That will be a tougher challenge.
    Everyone Loves a Slinky. :)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkster
    I don't have a problem with it either. I think and hope he'll buckle. However, the people that they really need to convince not to vote for these idiots aren't going to be tuning into a show like Question Time. That will be a tougher challenge.
    Quite. I suspect that the typical BNP voter has fairly entrenched views which won't be countered by rational debate.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_spackman
    I can see why people would be afriad to have the BNP in #10

A great example of the BNP is the Republican party, which i feel should change its name to the ANP...

A fringe party, for people who are racist, fearful or just plain stupid.
    Thumbs up!
    Formula 1

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I just hope they can put up the most rabid, clever and argumentative panellists who will destroy that disgusting piece of s*** Griffin.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The BNP attracted a significant proportion of the vote, have 2 MEPs, and so have a legitimate place on Question Time.......end of.

WT
    Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...