Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What of Vauxhall drivers for 2010

With Vauxhall pulling out at the end of the season im just wondering what will happen to the drivers.

Fabrizio Giovanardi
    Matt Neal
    Andrew Jordan

Gio: i cant see him in the BTCC next season. maybe WTCC or some other Touring car series.

Neal: I can see him either going back to TD(Yet again) or moving to some other series maybe V8 Supercars

Jordan: Can see him in private entered Vectra with John guest on it in next seasons BTCC

what do the rest of you think?
    Following Plato Btcc, Hamilton F1 and Earnhart Jr & Patrick Nascar

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    The vauxhalls will hopefully be picked up and run by privateers next year and hopefully 2 if not 3 of the current vauxhall drivers can stay on next year either for pirvateers or other teams ie neal to team dynamics. But like you WSRfan i wouldnt be surprised to see gio go back to WTCC, or Italian Superturismo or something like that.

but, we will have to wait and see.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well i think the Jordans will take one of the Vauxhalls and run Andy in it as that was the aim before he was unveiled at Vauxhall
    Gio i think will go to WTCC which is a shame
    while Neal in my opinion will go back to Team Dynamics

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds about right. Would TD switch to the Vectra as well though as I cant see the current Civic being good enough to win outright. Gio does seem to love the BTCC though, maybe a season in a BMW?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    maybe BMW would look at setting up a team in the BTCC after leaving F1 and will give Gio a drive? Long shot but worth a punt

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2k6
    maybe BMW would look at setting up a team in the BTCC after leaving F1 and will give Gio a drive? Long shot but worth a punt
    no
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattie007
    Sounds about right. Would TD switch to the Vectra as well though as I cant see the current Civic being good enough to win outright. Gio does seem to love the BTCC though, maybe a season in a BMW?
    I disagree. Thompson was very good in that car, shame for his other commitments. with the right drivers the civic is a good little car IMO and excellent through the twisty stuff. Herbert looks good, and so that could be a good combination.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    I disagree. Thompson was very good in that car, shame for his other commitments. with the right drivers the civic is a good little car IMO and excellent through the twisty stuff. Herbert looks good, and so that could be a good combination.
    Isn't it meant to be quite a tricky car to drive well at the limit, though?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattie007
    Gio does seem to love the BTCC though, maybe a season in a BMW?
    Not a chance.

Giovanardi is a professional racing driver. He'll go where he can get a salaried works drive, possibly with Chevy in the WTCC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Andrew Jordan will be able to continue in a privateer team. Matt Neal probably head back to Team Dynamics and Fabrizio Giovanardi will go to the WTCC. I'm more interested in what will happen to Triple Eight, I hope they are able to continue in the BTCC.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.