Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,166 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Daniel, You know very well that any private team would be prompty excluded for whatever technical infringement.

What makes people sick is what a classic described many years a go as "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".

Even this season there were much more strict exclusions such as thinner discs from two years old homologation, laminate mudguards from national homologation instead of lighter aluminium from FIA homologation, outdated glowes etc.

How can a man respect some regulations when they are applied the way they suit to somebody's interest?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kolvas
    are you kidding?
    You can´t be serius if you dont know who Tommi Mäkinen is?
    You joined this forum in Feb 2001 and you haven´t heard of him?
    Four time Rally World Champion

http://www.tommimakinen.net/
    I was being sarcastic
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]Daniel, You know very well that any private team would be prompty excluded for whatever technical infringement.

What makes people sick is what a classic described many years a go as "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".

Even this season there were much more strict exclusions such as thinner discs from two years old homologation, laminate mudguards from national homologation instead of lighter aluminium from FIA homologation, outdated glowes etc.

How can a man respect some regulations when they are applied the way they suit to somebody's interest?
    Mirek, there are different levels of "cheating".

We don't know the exact details of what happened and the exact implications of it.

There is quite frankly loads of crap written on this forum with absolutely no authority, knowledge or understanding of the issues at hand. Someone went as far as to say that Ogier was so fast in Australia on his first time (Everyone elses first time as well ) because of a couple of extra notches in an ARB mount. Give me a ****ing break, this is the guy that came out and spanked the competition in Rally GB last year when the conditions were extremely treacherous. Also if the ARB mount is not a restricted part like lets say the restrictor or the width of a tyre, if Citroen had wanted to include this part in their latest homologation they could have.

If anyone wants to accuse me of favouring Citroen and hating Ford then feel free to dig up my posts regarding Markko Martin's exclusion from Rally Australia the year when he wedged his spare wheel in with a rock or 2001 where Colin McRae got penalised my Knobby Connelly for being late to choose his road position. Both times when I very passionately backed both Ford drivers and criticised their penalties/exclusion.

Now if anyone here is more knowledgeable and has a better understanding of rallying than 4 time WORLD CHAMPION Tommi Makkinen then stand up and say your words...... other than that..... well you know what I'm going to say
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I cannot understand why people on here can seriously defend Citroen....this is cheating and that is A FACT................
    I f it were any other team they would have been excluded total double standards by the French FIA!!!!
    I'm a daddy now!!! 2 goorgeous little girls Megan Jessica born 24th August 2009....

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ste898
    I cannot understand why people on here can seriously defend Citroen....this is cheating and that is A FACT................
    I f it were any other team they would have been excluded total double standards by the French FIA!!!!
    I can't believe people like you are totally ignoring the actual issues here.

Liked 11,166 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Mirek, there are different levels of "cheating".
    Yes they are, but why stewards have a respect to this level only in case of someone and don't give a s.h.i.t about any other team?

Is using heavier nationaly-homologated laminate mudguard cheating? Especialy when using such part is allowed next year? Why four cars were excluded for that despite FIA itself said that heavier part gave them no advantage?

Is using thinner brake discs from outdated homologation cheating? What is an advantage from using worse part which was two years before normaly legal? It's mistake but cheating? Why was the crew excluded?

Is outdated glowes cheating? Why was the driver excluded?

These cases happened. WRC is not only about factory teams and those others may for sure feel damaged by this funny penalty for Citroën. Rulles should be applied the same way if FIA wants others to respect them otherwise it's more a commedy. That's my stance.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    Many years I try to explain hat there is something wrong with the french!
    If they have to possible to beat sombody on other way then with the sport!They do! If they can cheat, they do.
    Already rather told here befor, never do business with them!
    They deceive you also there. I pronounce of experience with the french!
    *cough* *cough* McLaren! ... they are not French and they have been caught cheating 3-4 times over the last 10 years.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I was being sarcastic
    I was suspecting that but you never know on a forum

Citroen could have homologated the part but they didn´t so they should have a penalty.
    The penalty should have been the same as Ford got for their windows.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]...Rulles should be applied the same way if FIA wants others to respect them otherwise it's more a commedy...
    That's the exact point of the whole story!

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    When Tommi took that win from S.Loeb on MC 2002 that was the start of the end of his career.. If I remember good no wins for Tommi after that..