Page 103 of 106 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1059
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I hate to break it to you mate...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8394585.stm

He may not be racing in F1, but he is racing in an alternative series.
    This would make for a great signature! You're lucky that I like the one I have now better.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I didn't want to believe that Luca forced Michael, Ross and Jean out. Sadly, not it seems that this is the ugly truth. I feel very bad
    Formula 1

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I didn't want to believe that Luca forced Michael, Ross and Jean out. Sadly, not it seems that this is the ugly truth. I feel very bad
    Don't worry, it's good that you learned it and accepted it!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh really? Not a form of racing eh.. :\

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rallying

It may not be racing in the same fabric as F1, but it is a form of racing where drivers race to beat each others stage times. It involves speed afterall, and includes head to head competition in certain disciplines, not necessarily WRC.. I know wikipedia is fairly uncredible, but the article does use the term "racing" a total of 8 times. I'd be interested to learn their interpretation of this usage. In fact the team Kimi has joined is called "Citroen Racing", so I'm struggling to see how they are allowed to use this term if Rallying is not a form of racing. Your link to the Oxford Dictionary source does not back up your claim I'm afraid.

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk...99s%20official!
    Oh dear they used that term "racing" another twice in this one too..

I fear you once again jumped on the bandwagon to back up your mate, whilst displaying an exhaustive lack of understanding for what you were contributing to old bean.. I'll let you off though..
    Whatever people may think of Kimi, he does seem to interest people, even if he himself always looks totally disinterested. I still don't understand the bitterness that comes across from the messages of one certain poster.
    “Leave me alone!”

Oh really? Not a form of racing eh.. :\

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rallying

It may not be racing in the same fabric as F1, but it is a form of racing where drivers race to beat each others stage times. It involves speed afterall, and includes head to head competition in certain disciplines, not necessarily WRC.. I know wikipedia is fairly uncredible, but the article does use the term "racing" a total of 8 times. I'd be interested to learn their interpretation of this usage. In fact the team Kimi has joined is called "Citroen Racing", so I'm struggling to see how they are allowed to use this term if Rallying is not a form of racing. Your link to the Oxford Dictionary source does not back up your claim I'm afraid.

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk...99s%20official!
    Oh dear they used that term "racing" another twice in this one too..

I fear you once again jumped on the bandwagon to back up your mate, whilst displaying an exhaustive lack of understanding for what you were contributing to old bean.. I'll let you off though..
    I'll take the Oxford dictionary defintion over your every day of the week, month and year.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Whatever people may think of Kimi, he does seem to interest people, even if he himself always looks totally disinterested. I still don't understand the bitterness that comes across from the messages of one certain poster.
    Yes – Kim has his life philosophy… Some people, who are nervy are saying that it's getting even worse when you getting older…
    Will see how Kimi take it.. if he will remain an “ice man” also in the future. I hope so..
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Well Button also won a WDC, as did Hill, JV and LH still none of them are considered to be F1 greats.
    by you maybe, but aren't 3 of the 4 in the drivers top 40 "greatest" driver poll, and their opinion is as good as yours
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Yes, not interested in racing. He isn't racing in 2010, is he? No. How can somebody who, as you claim, is interested in racing, chose not to?
    So if rally is not racing then what is?
    Racing - a sport involving races.
    Race - a competition between runners, horses, vehicles, etc. to see which is fastest over a set course.

So unless my english fails me and I completely misunderstand what a set course means, rallying is indeed racing. That said, Rallying is by far more exciting than F1 and I can easily understand why he would leave a sport such as F1 for a sport that has so much politics and fakeness about it for something better.

Oh, and who was it who claim Grosjean was quicker than Alonso?

Now, that was a sure sign of idiocy.

If only I could remember who started that gem of a thread.
    "will Grosjean be the third driver to beat Alonso" was my topic, so I asked a question, I did not state it as something that will surely happen.
    Do you understand the difference?

The real funny thing is that you attack KR for not bothering about racing, yet when he was taking crazy risks to win a race at Spa last year and not giving up, you were the first to attack him with your typically idiotic topic.

But hey, now you have your beloved alonso, so keep those palms hairy.

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Sadly the power struggle between Todt and Montezemolo meant that one of his favorites had to go. Michael is Todt's all time favorite driver and Felipe was his protege too.
    It is quite sad that LDM was so power hungry he failed to realize what is good for the team.

I'm inclined to believe that MS said the truth when he said that he decided to give Felipe the chance to continue. Maybe MS believed he could snatch the 8th WDC and retire with it just in spite of Luca!
    I dont think that was case, I am pretty sure LDM made his utmost to force MS out.

In the end MS left, Todt was pushed out but in the end he made Luca look like a clown and now can hand him his back side on a plate from his FIA president position.
    Heres hoping Todt will humiliate the pansy many times.
    Sadly. And we saw ho the team management behaved after that.
    Indeed. Ferrari has clowns as their leaders now. Not that I am bothered by it, I quite enjoy it.
    I'd rather have Felipe win the title next year. It would feel better even if you don't like Luca and Alonso!
    Not going to happen. LDM has played his hand in such a way that if Felipe were to beat Alonso it would humiliate him to the maximum level. I am pretty sure LDM would never allow FM to beat FA. So the worse car they have next year, the better.

I want Felipe out of Ferrari as quickly as possible, why not to Mercedes for example?
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker

Not going to happen. LDM has played his hand in such a way that if Felipe were to beat Alonso it would humiliate him to the maximum level. I am pretty sure LDM would never allow FM to beat FA. So the worse car they have next year, the better. I want Felipe out of Ferrari as quickly as possible, why not to Mercedes for example?
    Agreed - Ferrari boss would look more or less like a fool if Felipe take the title next year.. and I think even if he beat Alonso with 10 points or more.. which means that Felipe has a difficult work to do and it’s not only make the best he can as driver - there is also “the Ferrari Santander politic” to fight against (and unfortunately without Schumi .. this time) .. I like Felipe .. but not Ferrari (any more) - so I can say that i’m sorry for what happened in Brazil 2008 GP in the last curve when Felipe lost the title to Hamilton - because the risk is that that was the only year he had a chance to do it and it probably will never come back ..

It will be interesting to see if Felipe can keep his staff (eg. engineers) or if Alonso gets the best ones approximately same way as Felipe did 2008 - I must say that I have my doubts ..
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    If a WDC is average, who is good?
    I'm not refering to good drivers, but great ones.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.