Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi
    My guess is Petter is being offered the most crashed, biggest distance C4 in the inventory to test.
    I think he should be offered a Super 2000 207 for the rest of the season to give PSA some good data for the rest of the events.
    He has certainly given Citroen some good publicity at his own expense.
    You mean Conrad's ex-C4?

Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi
    He has certainly given Citroen some good publicity at his own expense.
    With all his words about 'old and crap Xsara'? No, he made his own PR.
    http://www.ALMrally.ru All about rally in Russian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsara Fan
    With all his words about 'old and crap Xsara'? No, he made his own PR.
    Crap? He never said that! Actually he said that he is amazed by how the car handles due to it's age, and he was hoping to get the very last specs.. That's just plain fact that there is evolution going on in the wrc, and he has a older, but good car!
    Never give up...

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Could it be possible that he would be given a C4 and included in the Citroen Jr. Team to score some much needed Manu points? After all, it's said that both Ogier and Novikov doesn't have a budget for the rest of the season and Petter has enough sponsors to run on most of the remaining events.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JFL
    Crap? He never said that! Actually he said that he is amazed by how the car handles due to it's age, and he was hoping to get the very last specs.. That's just plain fact that there is evolution going on in the wrc, and he has a older, but good car!
    He made a couple comments about its inferiority to the factory cars, but I think it was mostly when he was trying to get the Xsara upgraded to the newest spec. Citroen were kinda being jerks about that, I think- there was no good reason for them to not give him the upgrades to begin with. They sure changed their tune when he started looking into other cars, though.

I'm fairly certain we won't see Petter in a C4, for the same reason that Citroen was reluctant to let him have the upgrades. Oliver doesn't want to risk seeing his favourite well-paid factory drivers get beaten by a privateer.

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serial jeff
    I'm fairly certain we won't see Petter in a C4, for the same reason that Citroen was reluctant to let him have the upgrades. Oliver doesn't want to risk seeing his favourite well-paid factory drivers get beaten by a privateer.
    I disagree. It's first and foremost Quesenel's job to bring home the two titles and if Petter in a C4 can take drivers or manu points from the Ford boys I am sure he will nominate him in the Junior Team. Petter might beat Sordo but that doesn't matter as long as he beats the Ford drivers ... and though Petter is very good, he isn't good enough to challenge Seb.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree that it would definitely make sense for Citroen to offer Petter a C4, but there must be a reason that they haven't. They know he's really fast; definitely quicker on gravel than Dani. And not to turn this into another Seb/Petter debate, but I think he would challenge Seb as well- honestly, on gravel, Seb isn't the God of rallying that most people see him as. Don't get me wrong, he's really good, but I think Petter may be similar. For example, in 2007, Marcus Gronholm beat Seb on 5 of the 8 gravel rallies. I'm pretty sure the only reason Seb won the championship is because there were five tarmac rallies, which is a shoe-in victory for Seb on every one of them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fully agree!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It could work if Petter only works under the Citroen Junior label on paper, and keeps runing the car with his own PSWRT. So is Citroen really willing to hand over the C4 WRC to a foreign group engineers andmecanics
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes