Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    Nakajima isnt impressing though and should be droped for next year.
    They are running him on half arsed strategies (not a 1 stopper but not a 2 stopper either) with more fuel than needed during a season where there is a bit more than a second between 1st and last.

Honestly I pity all the drivers who has to put up with BS like Williams more often than not imposes on them.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    They seem to have lost the plot on strategy. They long fueled Nico in the mid stint to avoid the tyre problems suffered by Vettel only to see Ferrari et al manage 23 laps on the super soft at the end once the track had rubbered in. Too many times this season Nico has been slowly but surely shuffled down the order during pit stops.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    They are running him on half arsed strategies (not a 1 stopper but not a 2 stopper either) with more fuel than needed during a season where there is a bit more than a second between 1st and last.

Honestly I pity all the drivers who has to put up with BS like Williams more often than not imposes on them.
    Alonso and Rosberg were running similar strategies (one long stint, one medium, one short), Nakajima didnt make it work and lost out to one stoppers Bourdais and Fisichella.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Williams are fast this year, but it's a close field, and they're normally only back end of top ten. I think that their testing times are largely fuel related, otherwise they'd be a little more concerned about being fastest in free practice and midfield in qualifying and the race.

Nakajima isn't great either, but they need him for funding, and there've been much worse drivers.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Wasted potential? Undoubtedly yes. It's sad to see the same thing every year, fast at the start and not taking their chances. I think an overhaul of their strategists is in order now. The car is solid (for now) but they need results!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan

I agree. I remember that after Barcelona they were "investigating the reasons of Nico's slow laps". I watch F1 from many years and in this teams, always the drivers are to blame. I respect the team for the success in the past, but I don't like them, I think that they are as "nasty" as McLaren.
    Formula 1

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    They're not the most tactful with their drivers either. Which would be to their detriment fairly often, I imagine.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    The Williams is fast with low fuel over one lap. FP times from Nico so far this season confirm this. But they are running very light during FP sessions. They are mid to front pack at the moment but wont get any further towards the front IMO.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    The Williams is fast with low fuel over one lap. FP times from Nico so far this season confirm this. But they are running very light during FP sessions. They are mid to front pack at the moment but wont get any further towards the front IMO.
    Agreed, at least they are consistent points challengers this year, something they havnt been since 05.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    Agreed, at least they are consistent points challengers this year, something they havnt been since 05.
    Yeah I dont know what has happened to Williams F1. They were so strong for so long up until their last championship success in 1997, since then they just cant seem to adjust to the new regs the way other teams do. But when they do click, they are a great team to watch
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.