Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youtellme
    France said Friday he considers performance-enhancers and recreational drugs to be serious violations. But a person familiar with Mayfield’s test results told The Associated Press that Mayfield did not test positive for a performance-enhancing drug.

That means Mayfield tested positive for a narcotic or a controlled substance, such as cocaine, marijuana or methamphetamine.
    So cocaine or meth are not considered "performance enhancing" drugs? Odd line there. As far as the pseudophedrine, I guess it's possible, but I just think that's a bunch of BS. If NASCAR banned him for an OTC allergy drug, then I disagree with NASCAR. But I would be pretty naive to believe that they banned him for claritin D. Sorry, just don't buy it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK This is a STEP in the right direction.. He must read this forum:
    CONCORD, N.C. (AP)—Jeremy Mayfield insisted Saturday his positive test didn’t result from using an illegal drug and will consider legal action to rescind his indefinite suspension.

In an interview from the infield of Lowe’s Motor Speedway—where NASCAR later said he shouldn’t have been under the terms of his suspension—the Sprint Cup driver said he used a legal prescription drug, which he would not identify, and took Claritin-D to treat allergies.

He indicated he hasn’t been told what showed up in his positive test, which led to his suspension a week ago.

“A legal prescription drug, that’s what I take,” Mayfield said. “And I had allergies at Richmond that were really, really bad. On (May 7) I got a call and said you’ve tested positive for whatever they called it.

“I said, ‘OK, no problem. I’ve got all my paperwork ready.’ He said ‘You’ll fax that to us; it’ll cancel out your test.”’

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    If he tests positive because of what he says, then he will be back in the race car in a hurry wont he? However, there is the fact that the lab said no over the counter stuff could have done what this test showed. The Doc came right and said there was something here that isn't easily explained.

Jeremy can protest all he wants now, he waited a week before saying much of anything and that says to me he was trying to figure out a PR strategy. Not-Guilty innocent victims scream bloody murder, people with something to hide hire PR consultants.

The longer this goes on, the more obvious it was Jeremy took something that he shouldn't have for less than innocent reasons.

I am tired tho of NASCAR not just coming out and saying what this is. Many feel it isn't our business, but it stops the speculation and the judgement of whether NASCAR was wrong or Jeremy was wrong. It makes one or the other right and the other wrong and we can move forward. However, NASCAR being NASCAR has to keep it all under wraps....allowing silly people to question their motives or conspiracy theoriests room to create fantasies...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesi
    http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar...ory?id=4159387

I just knew when I heard Mayfield was disputing the test there was a 75% chance it involved "pseudoephedrine", and it's going to be a big legal mess.
    I don't know where you get that from this article. The guy who questions the lack of a list ( something I agree NASCAR should publish ) still points out that even a doubling a dose of Clartin may make him unsuitable to race. He also backs the lab's assertion that no properly taken over the counter drug should have given an positive result of this manner.

It all comes back to Jeremy not coming clean here. HE took something that NASCAR didn't want him to take because they were concerned of the effect it would have on his judgement and ability to drive the race car. PERIOD. There is no hidden agenda to keep Mayfield out of NASCAR, heck he misses more shows than he made anyhow. He took something that he shouldn't have. That alone has him out of the car. All this whining about his allergies and crap is just a PR exercise so we don't think he was shooting smack or doing meth. I never felt he was doing either, but I suspect he has an issue with taking prescription drugs that he shouldn't be taking. He wouldn't be the first, and wouldn't be the last normal guy off the street that got addicted to something he doesn't need, or shouldn't be taking while driving race cars at 180mph.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    CONCORD, N.C. – Suspended owner/driver Jeremy Mayfield on Saturday night was asked to leave the infield area of Lowe’s Motor Speedway by NASCAR officials.

Mayfield left without incident.

Mayfield, who is under indefinite suspension by NASCAR for a violation of the sport’s substance abuse policy, stood atop a National Guard hospitality hauler near the infield tunnel entrance in Turn 3 watching his team compete in Saturday night’s Sprint Showdown, a preliminary event for the Sprint All-Star Race.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Jeremy seems to have a habit of getting himself into trouble of one sort or another.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Most Drug Addicts do that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's true. Addicts lie very convincingly.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nascar says mayfield failed a drug test but wont say what drug it was
    mayfield says it is a mistake and that he didnt do anything wrong
    i think if nascar wont reveal the drug tests and what drug it is then mayfield should be reinstated
    just because nascar says a driver failed a drug test doesnt make it so
    in my opinion nascar must show the test results and back up their claim or stfu

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb

I lean to agree with you old hippie.

NASCAR should be held acountable for their charges agaiinst a driver.
    Prove it to the fans or else don't take action against the driver !
    I hope everyone remembers the questionable debris cautions we experience often.
    (you know the bogus debris cautions are used to bunch the field for a more exciting race.)

Can you really believe that a driver/owner would be so stupid as to risk losing everything just to take drugs ???
    I really have to question the validity of NASCAR's claim against Jeremy Mayfield.
    An alledged use of an undisclosed drug that merits suspension, all done in secret ...
    I met Jeremy Mayfield, he was an arrogant snob but he didn't come off as being stupid to me.

C'mon NASCAR, step-up & prove your allegations against Jeremy Mayfield.
    I resent an association that dictates rules without revealing them until an alledged violation occurs.
    Show us fans the so-called drug list & WHAT drug Jeremy Mayfield alledgedly took.
    NASCAR, dare to let us be the judge if you are going too far.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D