Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tintop
    Senseless provocation and insecurity regarding one's own hero, I suspect.
    Yes, of course, because obviously Senna never did anything to be criticised or disliked for.

The insecurity is very much on your side of the fence. Insecurity that anyone could have a view on a controversial character that isn't an air-brushed revisionist one.

Oh, and I'm not quite sure what my 'hero' has to do with it. I care not one jot if you want to criticise Jean-Pierre Jabouille.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Yes, of course, because obviously Senna never did anything to be criticised or disliked for.

The insecurity is very much on your side of the fence. Insecurity that anyone could have a view on a controversial character that isn't an air-brushed revisionist one.

Oh, and I'm not quite sure what my 'hero' has to do with it. I care not one jot if you want to criticise Jean-Pierre Jabouille.

Ever been to a funeral?

This isn't a grade school compare and contrast. Tough internet guy that you are and all, what a joke.

Has nothing to do with Sena's imperfections, it's all about respect in the appropriate forum. But go on, perpetuate the tough guy behind a keyboard in the basement persona that you enjoy so much.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Yet when he dies, it would be very hard, and in my view wrong, for the obituaries and tributes to forget that he was also a violent drunk. Mention of this, as a character fault, should surely be made without fear of it being deemed 'disrespectful'.
    What an idiotic statement - try driving a race car at any level before you equate the two sports. And by the way, on the anniversary of the snooker players death, you ought to be respectful as well. I'm quite sure that you haven't reached your majority judging by the base nature of your comments.

Ever been to a funeral?
    Plenty, thanks, although never to one of somebody I thought had a trashy character.

Respect is paid when respect is due....and Senna didn't earn my respect.

This thread is not a funeral parlour, this is a discussion board. If you don't like it, if you really are so insecure that other people hold valid dislikes of a man who could and did act like a thug and a bully, then tough.

What an idiotic statement
    Don't talk about "respect" when you are anything but respectful yourself.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Actually I will follow tamburello's advice and use the Ignore Button. That shows what I think about his posts.
    Formula 1

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    What an idiotic statement - try driving a race car at any level before you equate the two sports. And by the way, on the anniversary of the snooker players death, you ought to be respectful as well. I'm quite sure that you haven't reached your majority judging by the base nature of your comments.
    What on earth has a comparison of the two sports got to do with this discussion? I am comparing the individuals in question, not the sports.

But if people want threads such as this to just be a parade of people saying 'R.I.P.', one of the most unappealing features of internet forums in the event of the death of someone prominent or subsequent discussion of that person, so be it.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello

If you can't speak ill of the dead does that mean Hitler was lovely?
    Your newly installed signature speaks volumes about your state of mind. It's quite clear it's in relation to the Senna tribute thread. To address the character of Ayrton to that of Hitler is down right offensive. I think you have issues.

Yes you are entitiled to a personal opinion on Senna, but just how many times does it need ramming into your cranium that people here KNOW that at times Ayrton (along with plenty of others) was less than 'Saintly' on track, they also KNOW he was not pepetually nor soley the 'devil' character that you claim.

Had you wanted a sensible grown up discussion on the subject then you wouldn't have addressed it in an insensitive manner that was only ever going to goad a back lash, particulary in an anniversary thread where 9 times out of 10 people came to remember fondly someone who touched their lives in a positive way.

Your posts bring NOTHING new or insightful to the thread, you simply bring a petulant goading attitude with a crass manner, & seemingly a distinct inability to understand or accept any view other than your own.

Most open minded people did during his life, & still do, retain objectivity in understanding that Senna did have 'flaws', few deny that, but they're also capable of seeing & appreciating that those flaws did not totally & soley define him...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elis
    Your newly installed signature speaks volumes about your state of mind. It's quite clear it's in relation to the Senna tribute thread. To address the character of Ayrton to that of Hitler is down right offensive. I think you have issues.
    I think you have issues with regards to reading and understanding someone's posts. Read his post and reply again when you understand what he's saying.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I think you have issues with regards to reading and understanding someone's posts. Read his post and reply again when you understand what he's saying.
    I understand that to bring Hitler into a thread about Senna is enough to tell me all I need to know..