Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    Mark Williams makes a statement that he hopes the championship is moved to China as Sheffield is a **** hole ,Barry Hearn says he hopes it stays in Sheffield for many years to come.Big fine coming up for Mr Williams !
    Surely there is freedom of speech in the UK? I don't think he'll be fined.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wiruwiru
    Surely there is freedom of speech in the UK? I don't think he'll be fined.
    It is getting ridiculous that players apparently can't voice opinions any longer. The trouble with Williams' in this case, though, is that it is complete b*******.

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    It is getting ridiculous that players apparently can't voice opinions any longer. The trouble with Williams' in this case, though, is that it is complete b*******.
    Talking b******* is a fundamental right, though. I'll be very disappointed if he's reprimanded for this.

This has been a superb championship so far, I must say. Almost every match has been either exciting, or contained some great quality, or both. Even unpromising ties like Martin Gould-Dave Gilbert have been thrilling.

T'was good to see Hendry scrape through today, after being brilliant yesterday. Hendry vs. Higgins.

Congrats to young Luca Brecel as well, for his first (of many, I'm sure) Crucible century. He's going to lose to Maguire, I'm sure, but the potential is there for all to see.

By the way, in case you missed Hendry's 147 -- here it is:

[youtube]rgsGY0eE_8w[/youtube]

Congrats to young Luca Brecel as well, for his first (of many, I'm sure) Crucible century. He's going to lose to Maguire, I'm sure, but the potential is there for all to see.
    Wish he'd wear his bow tie more neatly, though.

This Maguire-Brecel match has this morning turned into just about the scrappiest, worst-quality I've ever seen! Some of the misses have been ridiculous. Getting a bit silly in places.

Day 2 and day 3 have indeed been a little disappointing, after the brilliant day 1. Very early days though, and I'm sure there's some brilliant stuff to come.

Day 2 and day 3 have indeed been a little disappointing, after the brilliant day 1. Very early days though, and I'm sure there's some brilliant stuff to come.
    Oh, Jamie Jones' victory over Shaun Murphy yesterday was dramatic! Great match. Jones could be one to watch in this tournament if he settles down a bit more at the Crucible. I saw him in his final qualifying match and he was one of the only players to really look as though they wanted to win.