Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unhappy what a dumb rule!

now the nationwide drivers cant even do a burn out becouse of this stupid engine rule
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb

I guess the only way will be to wait & win the 2nd race too,
    then the driver can fry the tires along with the engine.

I think this will come back to bite NASCAR on the butt.
    IF the Cup stars start blowing engines in the 2nd Nationwide race NASCAR will change the rule quickly.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah, this could prove to be a bad move if some engines dont do well the 2nd time, but yeah, atleast there will be more drivers able burn outs in i guess the 2nd half of the season when their useing their engine for the 2nd time,

atleast kyle still found a good way to celabrate, i "do" like the idea of doing the victory lap in reverse its pretty interesting
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The best victory lap was Alan Kulwicki's "polish victory lap".
    Kulwicki did it with his 1st Cup win in 1988 @ Phoenix.
    Kulwicki then did it for each of his 5 Winston Cup victories.
    Alan Kulwicki also did it @ Atlanta when he won the 1992 Winston Cup Championship.
    Sadly we lost Alan Kulwicki in a plane crash on April 1, 1993.

Other drivers did the "polish victory lap" in tribute to Kulwicki after his death.
    ================================================== =======
    As to the burnouts, I never thought they were needed.
    It seems stupid to me to destroy an engine just to make a bunch of noise & smoke.
    Hey it's racetrack racing, not drag racing, leave the burnouts to the dragracers.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan

It seems stupid to me to destroy an engine just to make a bunch of noise & smoke.
    Hey it's racetrack racing, not drag racing, leave the burnouts to the dragracers.
    I think it's a by-product of people coming along today who never had to work on their own cars, or pay for it out of their own pocket. The same applies to guys wrecking so much. As a poster on another forum put it..."You'd think twice about tearing up equipment if you were the one at 3AM on Sat. night/Sun. morning trying to fix your car by the truck headlights because it's still too bent up to get on the trailer, and everybody else has already gone home and they'd turned out the lights."

It does build character though :
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the polish lap is without the best,

but I thought what Kurt did at Atlanta was awesome also
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    Again I agree with Stan. I must be having an off week.

I'm more partial to the flying victory lap.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

I like the burnouts...its not like they weren't tearing down the entire motor and rebuilding it after every race, anyway.

Actually, the rule is not a bad one, when you think about it.

With the one engine rule in place, the Cup teams are getting 400, 500 (miles or laps) out of a motor, plus several practices and qualifying.

The Nationwide and Truck teams were only doing half the race distance (if that much) of that on any given week, and maybe 60-70% of the practice time, with less horsepower...They should be able to easily make the engines last two races with out any ill effects.

Take the Coke 600 weekend for instance. Lets just say a team averages 25 laps in both of the pre qualifying practices on Friday (25+25x1.5)= 75 miles, then the 2 laps of qualifying, plus the almost full lap they do on the "get go lap" (4 miles), then 35 laps in both of Saturday's Practices (35+35x1.5)= 105 miles, then the 600 mile race, you're looking at around 784 miles (not accounting for GWC finish.

Beacuse of the tire rule in the Nationwide Series, theyll do maybe 25-30 laps total before quals (I'll use 30 for argument, or 45 miles, the 4 miles for the 2 qual laps and the partial "get go lap", and the 300 miles for the race, you're looking at around 349 miles on the motor (again not accounting for a GWC)

349/784= apprx 44.5 % of the miles on a motor making 150 less hp

They should last two races, and then some......I guess the guys will have to limit the burnouts to Sunday where the owners can afford it....
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it's a great rule. I wish they'd make it even more strict, something like 3 or 4 races before you can change an engine. It would make the racing more affordable for the little guys. Might make a little dent in the Cup teams dominance of the Nationwide Series. That would be a good thing in my opinion.

Burnouts are getting old and tiresome, IMHO.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    I think it's a great rule. I wish they'd make it even more strict, something like 3 or 4 races before you can change an engine. It would make the racing more affordable for the little guys. Might make a little dent in the Cup teams dominance of the Nationwide Series. That would be a good thing in my opinion.

Burnouts are getting old and tiresome, IMHO.
    Yeah, I agree.
    Old and tiresome is even an understatement.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente