Page 190 of 251 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2504
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear
    mstillhere, this seems to be a contradiction. If "making Ferrari the winner" is the objective, then WCC should be the only goal. Maximizing constructors points doesn't require a certain pilot to always be ahead of the other. All it requires is that they both get as close to the front as possible. Which one is in front, relative to the other, bears no significance.

The only time you'd be concerned about consistently placing one pilot above the other is if your objective is the WDC. Doing this strives to "make the pilot famous".

So...having a #1 early on, means you're going for the WDC.
    Treating 'em equal means WCC is more important.
    What I am trying to say is that for Ferrari the equal treatment of the pilots is not part of their running of the business. They definetly want their more skilled pilot to win but not interested, at least that's my reading in having both pilots competing. A competition that could show how skilled both pilots are but that in the end could actually lose Ferrari both champioships. See for example the RB results after Vettel and Webber took each other out. Good for the sport but bad for RB.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    I think the distinction is that Ferrari believe they can do both. Judging by recent history they have good reason to believe this. I think that is what all the top teams want with their current driver line-ups. I just don't think they expected their number 2's to over achieve, or is it their number ones to under-achieve? In Fred Ferrari believe they have "The One" If Massa would have been beaten by Kimi all the seasons he would be more accepting of his place.
    Fred is a god-send to Ferrari. He is a hard working Southern European that is also a speaker of the native language as opposed to Kimi (not Massa)
    His monetary value to them is huge.
    I understand why many on this forum don't like the arrangement. But I think it is perfect. Remember it took Mike and RB, JT, and Co. a couple years to win it all. This is the path Ferrari is trying to take now! JMHO

It's their team. If you don't agree with it don't support them.
    Exactly.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Who is a saint in the F1 paddock
    MS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    I agree, he now has want he wants and in that respect he's done much better than Kimi did. Räikkönen didn't want to win at all costs, he just wanted to drive whereas Fernando wants to win the WDC, even if it takes bending the regulations and being unfair towards his team mate. His attitude resembles Schumacher and the Tifoso loved him so.....
    I don't intimately know Kimi as a professional obviously but based on what I have been reading he races to win but that's it: he races. He feels/felt that the part concerning working with the engineers and mechanics the fine tuning of the car etc. was not part of his responsibilities. Maybe, and that's a big maeby, that's how he operated at McLaren. Ferrari I think sees some MS in Alonso in terms of how serioulsy he takes racing. Interestingly enough both MS and Alonso want desperately be driver #1. Both are meticulous about the car preparation and both developpe a very strong rapport with their engineers. I have a feeling that Lewis might like that too. If true though, McLaren has done a worderful job in hiding it. Only history will tell.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Apparently this article has been badly translated with abit of artistic license according to Felipe. Are the Bild linked with this story by any chance. mokin:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    That's exactly what I was pointing out!. That's got nothimg to what the Spainiard could run in the corners!@!.......
    Angry Massa hits out at newspaper misquote
    "I am very open about what I said, but it wasn't that. I was upset with what came into the press, because it's not nice to read an interview and it's completely the opposite of the truth. The question was 'would you accept being a second driver' and I said 'no because I race to win'."

Massa's team-mate Fernando Alonso accused the newspaper of being part of an attempt to destabilise Ferrari for the benefit of Sebastian Vettel. "I don't think we are going to get nervous about what is said by a newspaper from a country with a driver in the fight for the title," he said.
    http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsp...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS
    May the forza be with you

Going into the race with the grid positions that they qualified in the result is fantastic, mainly due to staying out of trouble. Massa drove a solid race even if he only had one on track pass (Button) And Fred drove a very intelligent race and was able to manage his tires better than Felipe, and also had only one on track pass (The Boss) even if it was a gift
    Congrat's to both drivers

ailor: Hail Caesar

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Forza Ferrari, Forza Fernando!

FER-NAN-DO!

FER-NAN-DO!

FER-NAN-DO!

FER-NAN-DO!

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Avanti Fernando !
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Forza Ferrari, Forza Fernando!

FER-NAN-DO!

FER-NAN-DO!

FER-NAN-DO!

FER-NAN-DO!
    so what's with the flag wedge? are you some kind under cover agent? what you write doesn´t go well with the flag

Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    Avanti Fernando !
    I blew French Roast out of my nostrils when Fred said Avanti like all serious in a baritone voice (I think he cracked himself up) :
    That rates just under the Gorilla dance he did on top of the Renault.
    That guy is such a cut-up

It's at 3:43 of the YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yXugn_p_ag