Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I think 10-6-4-3-2-1 system suits current WRC most, especially considering (lack of) competition, where not many more than 6 competitive car/driver combinations participate anyway. Despite getting constantly beaten by Loeb, with current system Hirvonen stays close to him in the points standings and that's a bit annoying.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    I think 10-6-4-3-2-1 system suits current WRC most, especially considering (lack of) competition, where not many more than 6 competitive car/driver combinations participate anyway. Despite getting constantly beaten by Loeb, with current system Hirvonen stays close to him in the points standings and that's a bit annoying.
    I agree, last year Loeb kept winning yet only clinched the Title in Japan - it should really have been over well before that. Loeb won 10 events, just ridiculous that Hirvonen should have been in touch that long. What if, Loeb had had problems in Japan and GB - and Hirvonen won the Title - yet Loeb won twice as many events. Madness.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In 2001 Burns became champion by just winning one event...

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Yes, but Burns made not much mistakes as Colin McRae. Mäkinen had a slow Lancer WRC in the second part of the season. The Peugeot's from Grönholm and Rovanperä were unreliable that year. Sainz was not fast enough in the second part of the season.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    What if, Loeb had had problems in Japan and GB - and Hirvonen won the Title - yet Loeb won twice as many events. Madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaWRC
    In 2001 Burns became champion by just winning one event...
    He scored points consistently so he got the title.

You kind of predict that out of proportion, bottom line is Loeb finished most rallies and scored consistent points. Auriol won 6 events out of 10 and still lost the champion in 1992, he only came 3rd place.

I think the current point system is fair, but it take away the incentive to fight for victory. The large points different between 1st place and 2nd place works better when there were only 10 rallies, but not if there are 15 rallies. But I guess we are coming back to 12 rallies now, so maybe 10 points for 1st place then 7 points for 2nd.

I don't think there is any point systems you can apply to stop Loeb from dominating as long as he has the C4 and a team with big budgets.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Maybe pointscoring will change when ISC gets the promotion on and running?
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Let's go back to points down to 10th, a system that worked fine for years.