Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Brazilian Ethanol?

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=667275

US Ethanol Producers gone. Brazilian ethanol Producers in?

Promoting a product that isn't even sold here because of high tariffs?

Does this make sense to anyone?

Only thing I can come up with is a possible future race in Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=667275

US Ethanol Producers gone. Brazilian ethanol Producers in?

Promoting a product that isn't even sold here because of high tariffs?

Does this make sense to anyone?

Only thing I can come up with is a possible future race in Brazil.
    Peugeot went to the Sebring & Petit Le Mans events....and Peugeots aren't sold in the US.

Why?

Of course, marketing back in Europe wouldn't have anything to do with it.

The Indy 500 is a big event, known the world over. That the product being promoted isn't available in the US doesn't mean that it's not able to be promoted on the back of a major sporting event to a national and or global audience.

For example, saying that Brazilian Biofuel is the fuel used at the Indy 500 is, in many ways, just as good as saying that Peugeot won at Sebring (They didn't, but you can bet your bottom dollar the marketing boys would have used it for promotion purposes if they had).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From the IRL press release -- Anthonyvop you recieve these since you are in the media right?

"The multi-year deal names APEX-Brasil an official partner of the Indy Racing League and the Indianapolis 500, which includes cooperation from UNICA (the Brazilian Sugarcane Industry Association) to identify those interested in supplying ethanol to the series.

Initially, UNICA will look to partner with a U.S.-based ethanol company to supply the IndyCar Series with corn-based ethanol."

-----------------

“The move to other sources of ethanol is a natural progression as the ethanol industry continues to grow and evolve,” said Terry Angstadt, president of the commercial division of the Indy Racing League, the sanctioning body for the IndyCar Series. “We continue to strive to be on the leading edge of the greening of racing. The IndyCar Series was the first motorsports series to mandate use of a renewable fuel, and now we will work with the ethanol industry in both the United States and Brazil to promote the use of all types of ethanol by consumers.

--------------------------

You knew the answer before asking the question -- just like to stir the pot huh?

I guess you also know the their is MORE viewership of IndyCar races in Brazil than the US.

This is why they did this!!?!?! Makes very good sense.

FYI, this is a big deal.
    I love all racing!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IMSA
    From the IRL press release -- Anthonyvop you recieve these since you are in the media right?

"The multi-year deal names APEX-Brasil an official partner of the Indy Racing League and the Indianapolis 500, which includes cooperation from UNICA (the Brazilian Sugarcane Industry Association) to identify those interested in supplying ethanol to the series.

Initially, UNICA will look to partner with a U.S.-based ethanol company to supply the IndyCar Series with corn-based ethanol."

-----------------

“The move to other sources of ethanol is a natural progression as the ethanol industry continues to grow and evolve,” said Terry Angstadt, president of the commercial division of the Indy Racing League, the sanctioning body for the IndyCar Series. “We continue to strive to be on the leading edge of the greening of racing. The IndyCar Series was the first motorsports series to mandate use of a renewable fuel, and now we will work with the ethanol industry in both the United States and Brazil to promote the use of all types of ethanol by consumers.

--------------------------

You knew the answer before asking the question -- just like to stir the pot huh?

I guess you also know the their is MORE viewership of IndyCar races in Brazil than the US.

This is why they did this!!?!?! Makes very good sense.

FYI, this is a big deal.

Actually I started this thread before I recieved the press release.

So basically they will buy US Corn based Ethanol to promote Brazilian Sugarcane based Ethanol.............OK.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This makes three different Enthonal suppliers in three year. Why? Because corn-based Ethonal is a scam.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    Because corn-based Ethonal is a scam.
    Agreed. However the folks in Brazil don't make ethanol from corn. They use sugar cane.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Agreed. However the folks in Brazil don't make ethanol from corn. They use sugar cane.

Gary
    Which is not sold in the US because of high Tariffs.

Why such high tariffs? Ask the Senators from Iowa, Nebraska and the rest of the corn producing states.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    So basically they will buy US Corn based Ethanol to promote Brazilian Sugarcane based Ethanol.............OK.
    I see a great opportunity for Frosted Flakes!
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The reason they are in is not because the IRL chose them because they wanted to, but because they needed someone to fill the void the US Ethanol Board would leave once they left. Hopefully they still bring a car sponsorship or two. Maybe they could sponsor atleast one car at RLR for RHR and maybe another for a Brazilian at RLR (Wishful thinking for both, I know).
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell

Gary
    That was kind of my point. Sugar Cane Ethanol is much more practical and actually, you know, effective.