Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    Thanks. Astonishing driving by Donelly then. Solberg and Atkinson were not able to challenge Grönholm in the same car in Monte.
    Kumho....
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    Kumho....
    Really??? I find it hard to believe that Kumho have a advantage over BF/Michelin. Compare the size of the two companies and their motor sport experience??? I don't think rubber was the reason of genies speed.
    I think you will have to come up with some other conspiracy theory as to the reason why Marcus was being beaten
    "We are in the ****, but the championship is long. Mugello will be difficult because of the long straight. But we will fight there with a knife between the teeth!" Valentino Rossi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    marcus wasn't beaten
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by farquar wrc
    Before the rally started,the forums were full off bullsh1te about how many minutes Gronholm would win by,and some idiots even though he could win it in a N4 car,as sills has already said,Gronholm was on it big time,but Genie was awesome,and you could see the S12 was not comfy with the speed it was being driven at,once Donnelly and McGeehan Motorsport get this car 100% right,then there will be alot of big ego drivers heading home with there tails between there legs after Rally Ireland
    Not just the forums, MN was in pole position on this one. Even Gareth McHale said Marcus would be 2secs/km faster.

Gabriel
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hyundaimike
    just to apologise to eugene for ever doubting him.knew he had the pace but just thought it would take at least 1 rally to get to that level.just goes to show it was talent and not this (amazing 600bph) corolla that got 3 championships.subaru should drop them two wasters on there team for every tarmac rally and run THE GENIE.GOD BLESS THE GENIE.bring on the circuit.
    Genie won Galway in his first rally with a Subaru WRC, in 2002 with little or no time in the car beforehand, and weather was absolutely foul, lashing rain all day.
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron
    marcus wasn't beaten
    You took me up wrong. Genie was leading the rally before he crashed went off the road.
    "We are in the ****, but the championship is long. Mugello will be difficult because of the long straight. But we will fight there with a knife between the teeth!" Valentino Rossi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron
    marcus wasn't beaten
    Marcus did react under pressure in Australia with the same result.
    Does that take from him as a driver? No

Don't know why people should treat Donnelly any different.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Donnelly showed everyone he is the best in Ireland at the moment at the weekend, he destroyed all the Irish opposition, MacHale included. I'm a big Donnelly fan but I honestly wasn't expecting him to be anywhere near as quick as that in his first outing in the car. It was a pity he didn't finish and get the points he deserved but I think he was dead right to stay pushing and try to beat Gronholm rather than easying off and making sure of the points, after all it isn't everyday you get to go up against a double world champion so I reckon you might as well give it all you got rather than easying off and later wondering what if...
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jidoka
    Really??? I find it hard to believe that Kumho have a advantage over BF/Michelin.
    Ask from pentti.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cannyboy
    Marcus did react under pressure in Australia with the same result.
    Does that take from him as a driver? No

Don't know why people should treat Donnelly any different.
    Spot on with that on tarmac donnelly can compete with the best of them and ill tell you on gravel he would be close to the points as well shame he dosent have all the millions to do 10 12 wrc events

and i also agree that donnelly did rite to go for the win as like has been said its not often you get a crack at a man o marcus talents reember marcus is driven that car in and out day by day for a year eugene had the imp for a couple of weeks, and eugene is a pure racer if the win is in grasp he will go for it and he is still going to win the ITC this year
    ES