Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Government wants to jail me

Stick with me on this. It's interesting .....

A horse needs about a half hectare of grass to feed itself all year round. I have one hectare for my two ponies. Each pony eats about 2-3.5% of it's bodyweight each day, depending on weather, workload, age, etc. It's a high fibre diet that produces about 50% (dry weight) of manure from the 100% eaten. Due to the high water content of the diet, real manure weight is often higher than what went in in the first place. Cattle eat roughly the same, about 2.5%.

Still with me? Good.

My pony Sovereign is 350kg. He poos out about 10kg of manure a day on his half of the hectare. That's 3650kg each year. Over 7000kg per hectare. Cattle weigh far more than Sovereign.

The UK Government has just passed a law saying landowners can't add more than 170kg of manure per year, per hectare. Even if I dry every last ball of crap straight out of the pony, he's still massively over that limit.

The law has just made all dairy farmers, horse owners, sheep farmers, pig farmers and chicken keepers criminals Even somebody walking their Jack Russell in a one acre back garden would go over that limit!

Is this government so stupid as to not think before passing a law? There simply isn't enough of the UK to spread all it's cattle muck on, given the number of cows we have here.

Maybe I've been told the new regulations wrong, but as they are from a DEFRA leaflet sent to all farmers that seems a long shot.

By the end of January next year, I'll be a law breaker.

Anyone know of any more impossible laws we live with here? If I'm going to jail at least let me be a repeat offender :
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That really is a load of old crap!
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...the-table.html

Chocolate, raisins or grapes are "poisonous" for pets, according to the code, while a dog should not be disturbed when eating as this can cause "food-related aggression".
    It also recommends that dogs should not be fed at the table as this can lead to begging - and that "curious" animals such as cats should be kept away from windows or tumble dryers.
    I think I remember the last one these in a "Sonic Says". Is the government now taking advice from cheap 1990s cartoons?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    The law has just made all dairy farmers, horse owners, sheep farmers, pig farmers and chicken keepers criminals Even somebody walking their Jack Russell in a one acre back garden would go over that limit!
    How about an indoor cat with a 2 sqft litterbox?

I think the only solution is that you toilet train Sovereign.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Maybe if you stopped feeding them??
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is this because of a party over there? I love watching the Brits debate in parlament. I think I like the Labour party, the Conservatives seem like a bunch of whiny jerks. But I dont know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Maybe if you stopped feeding them??
    Top quality advice ... it would break at least another two laws. While I'm at it I can buy a vehicle, insure it before driving away from the vendor but not be allowed to tax it as I have no paperwork in my name showing insurance details. Yet another law that's almost impossible to avoid breaking - as I discovered last week. I also broke the law when I parked the vehicle, insured, tested and awaiting insurance details, outside my home.

Good job nobody noticed but me :
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Apparently the number plate on my mums Scenic is illegal because it has a little St.Georges cross on it with ENG underneath. I think it's because the EU doesn't recognise England as a country. It should have an EU flag with GB underneath.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    Stick with me on this. It's interesting .....

A horse needs about a half hectare of grass to feed itself all year round. I have one hectare for my two ponies. Each pony eats about 2-3.5% of it's bodyweight each day, depending on weather, workload, age, etc. It's a high fibre diet that produces about 50% (dry weight) of manure from the 100% eaten. Due to the high water content of the diet(...)

Anyone know of any more impossible laws we live with here? If I'm going to jail at least let me be a repeat offender :

Good Lord! For a moment I thought I was back at school in a maths class

That sounds pretty stupid, I hope there's a good solution.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Apparently the number plate on my mums Scenic is illegal because it has a little St.Georges cross on it with ENG underneath. I think it's because the EU doesn't recognise England as a country. It should have an EU flag with GB underneath.
    It's nothing to do with the EU, as far as they are concerned each member state can have whatever they like on their number plates. It's the UK government who consider the England flag to be illegal

(Although this may change in a few weeks)
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums