Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    It makes things look good for Tapper at the moment for the Pirrelli standings but there is nothing to say that Mark or Eli may not finish tomorrow if todays DNF list is continued.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Livewireshock
    It makes things look good for Tapper at the moment for the Pirrelli standings but there is nothing to say that Mark or Eli may not finish tomorrow if todays DNF list is continued.
    And, as the Pirelli Star winner is calculated on number of stage wins, Paddon could, in theory, come back tomorrow and win. Now I think about it, Eli is probably 'leading' Mark after Day 1 with no. of stage wins - will have to check results (when they are all published!).
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    The second day is over and congratulations to Cody Crocker & Ben Atkinson on their third APRC championship. It was good to see Taguchi take todays win and it would seem as if Mark Tapper will be the APRC Pirelli Star driver after winning both days (yet to read through every stage to count individual stage wins.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Livewireshock
    ...and it would seem as if Mark Tapper will be the APRC Pirelli Star driver after winning both days...
    Yes, Mark Tapper did indeed win the PSD award, after a chaotic event, in more ways than one.

Overseas drivers were caught out by the slippery and muddy stages, plus the combination of steaming heat and torrential rain. Most had a drama or three and some ended up in hospital due to dehydration.

The organizers did their best to make sure everyone was unhappy, by providing an idiotically-shaped service park surrounded by seas of mud, and by failing to provide any kind of meaningful results service. Those of you browsing the web probably had more info than those of us who were actually there! A giant step backwards for Malaysian rallying :-(

--paul

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rally Malaysia podcast is now (finally) available up at http://www.aprclive.com. Sorry for the delay, but we've got interviews both the APRC and PSD competitors. Bruce.
    APRC Live - Asia-Pacific Rally Podcast