Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldhippie
    it is disgusting that movie makers make money off tragedys
    They don't if people don't go.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldhippie
    i told stan i shouldnt talk in here

honoring lost players is fine and doing a documentary is good only if it is accurate
    too many times hollywood adds to the story and then it becomes fiction not fact
    i wasnt putting down the movie
    i dont have any faith in hollywood to accurately tell a true story
    i want the facts not what some hollywood writer makes up

peace out

Sometimes a story just needs to be told to the public just because the public doesn't understand. I know where your coming from as I hate all the Hollywood tree huggers too, but some of the best movies I ever saw were movies like "Miracle" with Kurt Russell and "Running Brave" with Robby Benson...true stories told very well IMO.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by #6CupFan
    I guess I'd hoped that by explaining that it IS accurate and was done correctly with not all of the hollywood glitz added, and that the actual folks affected by the event approved, that it would be seen as a great film honoring a great tradegy, and that it would encourage everyone to see it.

So, I hope you will give it a chance

I go to very, very few movies. But I will make an effort to see this one. I was driving back through Parkerburg when I caught a radio station, that had sent someone to the screening. She said she had trouble sleeping, so she just came straight back to the station so she could make better notes. The woman was so moved by what she'd seen the night before, she could barely contain herself, as she tried to convey how careful the film makers were in telling the story.

Especially when telling stories about the South, and West Virginia in particular, film makers often portray the people in a VERY negative and disrespectful light. In the interview I heard, the woman said the film makers actually talked to the people in that area and they said they were fine with the story being told, as long as they didn't make them look like hicks or hillbilies. Just make them look like what they are: real people with a sad and tragic event in their lives. From everything I've heard, that's what the film makers did.

I hope it wins an Academy Award.

Thanks for posting this here.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know I am going to see it once it gets to the regular movie theatres.
    Some people paid $1,000 to watch an early showing.
    Screw that ! (Hell, I couldn't afford to blow $1,000 like that.)
    I want to see it but I will wait until the cost is normal.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for all of the posts so far, I noticed this drifted off the first page, so I hope its okay that I bump it back up, I'm hoping it stays around at least until after the movie is released and has been playing for a little bit

Hope you'll go see it, you'll love it
    #01CupFan for '07 :mark:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I am going to go see the movie, I love any movie that shows football in a realistic light. I just wish Hollywood would make historically accurate war movies. Outside of "Saving Private Ryan" and "Sons of our fathers", there have not been many made who were accurate in the historical record. I say that taking into account a ton of war movies that go back to the 50's.....some were still good movies, but historically were out to lunch. The sad part is, Hollywood takes a great story and makes a mess of it for no reason other than it is too much effort to get it right.

Just ask my opinion on the movie the "Great Escape"!!

Back to the topic, from what I have heard about this movie, it was true to the people of West Virginia and those who knew those who were on that plane...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".