Yamaha - Tom Sykes

Has anyone heard if Tom Sykes has definitely been signed by Yamaha and whether Troy Corser is staying. Sykes would be lucky to have such a great rider as his team mate for 2009 - that's of course if Troy hasn't decided to retire, he was very beaten up at Donington and feeling his age I should think.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes its confirmed, Sykes will ride for Yamaha WSBK next year.. Read a press conference the other day.. CBF finding a link lol .. Pretty sure Corser will partner Xaus at BMW next year.. Hope Westy partners Sykes, if he can't stay in GP..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm gonna take a punt and say that Corser will stay and partner Sykes next year. With only one or two seasons left in him, I think Troy will realise that continuing his relationship with Yamaha is his best chance for success and he would have the satisfaction of helping a super youngster in Sykes on his way to stardom. It would be an awesome team.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I reckon that Yamaha will keep Corser because they'll need somebody to help develop the new R1 Big Bang engine.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree, I'd be surprised if Yamaha let Corser leave. They'll want to maintain some stability and also a rider who knows the previous bike to work from.

I'm sure he'll be made a generous offer to remain

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    As soon as Sykes is to be acquainted with character of R1, Haga will notice that his former bike will give him trouble that will not let him go easily for the title.

Corser seems to be strong bet considering his constant performance. Albeit second seat at BMW would be a promising offer, that is a strong doubt that rider at the stage as him would want to consider the challenge worthy.

I see Rolfo gets stronger, the more proper bike will strengthen him more than only mid fielder. In case Honda doesn't want him then Yamaha can make free use of him. Everyone is free running speculation or rumor, but let this well enough alone.