Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Funniest thing is the amount of inflexibility and stubbornes which has prevented to solve basic problems during the period of three years.

It's complitely stupid to say that engine power is their problem. It's not. If the engine was the main problems there would have to be approximately 50 bhp power disadvantage to other teams. That's really not the case. Last year in Germany Atkinson drove beautiful stage wins which is impossible if the engine is poor (Germany really highlights engine power).
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think looking at it now... chris was at least decent.. holding his own... petter.. no idea whats going on there... he's not getting any air time or anything to explain whats going on...

through all of this .. leads me to 1 question... how much diff. are the abu dabi fords compared to stobart / muncie? is there really that much 'more' put into the top guy's car's.. or is it there talent?

Liked 11,163 Times in 4,433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    It's complitely stupid to say that engine power is their problem. It's not. If the engine was the main problems there would have to be approximately 50 bhp power disadvantage to other teams. That's really not the case. Last year in Germany Atkinson drove beautiful stage wins which is impossible if the engine is poor (Germany really highlights engine power).
    Only wineyeards. On fast stages like on Baumholder engine is not that much important. For example Fabia WRC which is very weak compared to new WRC especialy on torque. Germany is not problem, Kopecký usualy lost only in wineyeards where there are many hairpins uphill. Compared to that he wasn't able to make any good results on Corsica and complained about torque which they simply didn't have.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 11,163 Times in 4,433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka
    Of course it is possible but everything Subaru engineers can do in that respect is something that their counterparts in Ford and Citroen can do as well - plus that their engine is further back and tilted backwards. So, it is an advantage that no Subaru effort can nullify, meaning centre of gravity on Citroen and Ford is more ideal (as close to midpoint longitudinally, as close to center laterally and as low as possible).

I don't dispute the issue, just correct the facts. S1's weight distribution was at 52:48 compared to 58:42 of Sport quattro and even worse in Group 4 quattro A1/A2.
    I still think that big nose innertia is much bigger problem than weight distribution itself
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What Citroen & Ford have that Subaru don't?

The capability to perform on Friday and Saturday. Finland, Germany and New Zealand show the new Impreza is close to respectable on a Sunday. Maybe they should give up rallying and try racing, although the grid positions might not be too good.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Should this thread not read what Citroen have got and Ford /Subaru don't?
    I'm a daddy now!!! 2 goorgeous little girls Megan Jessica born 24th August 2009....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrive
    What Citroen & Ford have that Subaru don't?

The capability to perform on Friday and Saturday. Finland, Germany and New Zealand show the new Impreza is close to respectable on a Sunday. Maybe they should give up rallying and try racing, although the grid positions might not be too good.
    by sunday other drivers are slowing down, or at least driving with a degree of caution, but the subaru drivers just driving the same pace. i dont think you can read anything into their sunday times.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sunday stage times mean nothing

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    By Subaru we should say Prodrive - who are involved in other Motorsports - which may affect their WRC programme. GT1's, LMP1's etc

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ste898
    Should this thread not read what Citroen have got and Ford /Subaru don't?
    You think the Citroen is a better car than the Ford? Please elaborate..
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!