Page 437 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 3373874274354364374384394474875379371437 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 14986
    Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    What exactly is the point in the Superproduction cars then if they will be very nearly as expensive and quick as a WRCar?
    The basic idea was that a driver could attend both regional and a WRC event with the same car with minor changes. As it seems by now the restrictor size for both SP and WRC will be the same but I’m quite sure that when we see the first homologation (Mini), the size of the restrictor is smaller for a SP.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44
    I respect Petter Solberg, both for his driving and his attitude, however I do not think it's fair all the anger being put on Citroen shoulders.
    Im sure if they could support a car for Solberg they would do so, but those projects still require a huge amount of money and I fear Citroen Racing wouldn't be able to ask Citroen management for more money to run a driver in this sport you know, Citroen is no money machine like Ferrari.
    Olivier Quensel has said Citroen board only funded two works cars, all other cars, Kimi's Van Merkstein, and Petter's are available if the drivers can provide or source the funds required to run these. If you remember Sordo also had the option to provide the funding...he couldn't and in all probability will be announced at Prodrive Mini after 1st Jan 2011.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Dont you think they would choose Atkinson if they have money, the guy who can bring the cash needed gets the seat there.
    By who is it reported that they have the money for a second driver?
    There were report all year that in 2011 the team wants to expand. Ken Block was trying to get Kimi Raikkonen in a second Monster Ford, so there has to be some budget, because Kimi seems to not want to spend his own money on rally. Atkinson has no (real) cash for a couple of years now?!
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    There are too few teams in WRC today. Ten years ago there were a lot more and they had three car teams, wich I´m sure payed drivers.

Remember we had many drivers earning 2-5 million Euros a year for driving WRC.

Now almost everyone have to pay. It´s a shame!

Why that is? regulations and rules are not friendly for the sport. FIA doesn´t act as they should.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Economic reality I'm afraid...years of bad promotion has left WRC as the FiA's poorest series (WTCC doesn't count!). So it has poor TV coverage and a small global audience for such a big series. As a result sponsors are harder to come by to allow manufacturers to run bigger teams. Doubly so right now in the worst recession since the 1930s.

If it weren't for pay drivers the likes of MSport wouldn't even exist beyond maybe two cars.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    As it have been hinted in here, FCACA team than ran Jari Ketomaa's Fiesta S2000 for 2010 season has ended its action at WRC level at least. This means that Ketomaa was left without a ride for 2011 season. In a recent interview for Finnish yellow newspaper Ilta-Sanomat Ketomaa said that the team was already negoatiating a package of 6-7 rallies in the new Mini WRC, but suddenly money problems (surprise!) put an end to this all.

However Ketomaa is now trying to gather a budget to race in World Rally Championship. It is sure that he will miss Sweden and Mexico, but beyond that - who knows. The article doesn't say is he trying to get a budget for a WRC car or S2000. He just might compete in China championship as well, as he did in season 2009.

Here's a source link (Finnish): http://www.iltasanomat.fi/ralli/Suom...359636559.html
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    Economic reality I'm afraid...years of bad promotion has left WRC as the FiA's poorest series (WTCC doesn't count!). So it has poor TV coverage and a small global audience for such a big series. As a result sponsors are harder to come by to allow manufacturers to run bigger teams. Doubly so right now in the worst recession since the 1930s.

If it weren't for pay drivers the likes of MSport wouldn't even exist beyond maybe two cars.
    Good post!! Sadly, you're quite correct.
    The sport still isn't as attractive as it should be.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    ^^

Agree, it's a difficult situation. But I think it could be a solution.

Quesnel told us (Rally Emotion) they need absolutely the official WRC WEB-TV. It costs about 8 millions €, so WRC can reach much more fans all over the world with the new WRC Power Stages broadcasted live! (look at GT1 World champ, they revamped all and it's much more followed since this year!).

Think a 15-16 km stage broadcasted live, maybe just before an F1 race! WRC + F1 would be interesting...

Here in Italy has been tested this for the italian rally championship. It worked extremely well! The channel Rai Sport 1 (which is not free-to-air, but free only on digital terrestrial), has attracted more than 500k people at EVERY live stage! And the stage was just 1-2 km!

Look at what Ken Block does with the internet: he's a nub driving the Focus, but he's got lots of fans, maybe more than Hirvonen+Latvala!

The internet is necessary, the 8 million-wrc webtv is absolutely a priority for the series!

I think that they can gain also much money from it...

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorsportfun
    ^^

Agree, it's a difficult situation. But I think it could be a solution.

Quesnel told us (Rally Emotion) they need absolutely the official WRC WEB-TV. It costs about 8 millions €, so WRC can reach much more fans all over the world with the new WRC Power Stages broadcasted live! (look at GT1 World champ, they revamped all and it's much more followed since this year!).

Think a 15-16 km stage broadcasted live, maybe just before an F1 race! WRC + F1 would be interesting...

Here in Italy has been tested this for the italian rally championship. It worked extremely well! The channel Rai Sport 1 (which is not free-to-air, but free only on digital terrestrial), has attracted more than 500k people at EVERY live stage! And the stage was just 1-2 km!

Look at what Ken Block does with the internet: he's a nub driving the Focus, but he's got lots of fans, maybe more than Hirvonen+Latvala!

The internet is necessary, the 8 million-wrc webtv is absolutely a priority for the series!

I think that they can gain also much money from it...
    Good post, I think this could be very good idea

MJW
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...0mifvN5BKBUoWQ
    understandable, but sad news if true. I liked Kimi.