Page 1449 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 449949134913991439144714481449145014511459 ... LastLast
Results 14,481 to 14,490 of 14986
    Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts

Re: [WRC] News & rumours (part II)

It's not a new game... Real Racing 3 has been THE most popular racing game for iOS since forever (it's actually quite fun on the iPad). They will probably release the i20 as a new car. For circuit racing only....

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eppel
    Mads Østberg said actually no to Hyundai. He is now talking to Citroën and Ford about 2014. Østberg believes that the decision is a few day away.

Watch the interview from TV8 Østfold here http://bit.ly/1hXJigf
    Have I missed something? Why are teams so interested in this guy?

I can only guess he is paying because all he proved this year was to be considerably slower than his young team mate who has far less experience.

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts

Yes you´ve missed that he´s one out of 5-6 guys who is fast enough to be in WRC in a factory team. Next year when there´s one more team it might be lack of drivers if you rule out Mads and supposely a few other not in your taste...?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Have I missed something? Why are teams so interested in this guy?

I can only guess he is paying because all he proved this year was to be considerably slower than his young team mate who has far less experience.
    Agreed - said it at the start of the year that he simply isn't fast enough and it's been proven. Would much rather see a punt taken on Meeke, Kubica, Evans etc. than waste a seat on someone who is a known quantity who isn't good enough, except on snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    Yes you´ve missed that he´s one out of 5-6 guys who is fast enough to be in WRC in a factory team. Next year when there´s one more team it might be lack of drivers if you rule out Mads and supposely a few other not in your taste...?
    I agree with pettersolberg29, I'd rather take a gamble on someone else than go with a guy proven not to be quick enough.

He finished 6th in the championship this year when there were only three teams and I'd expect Mikkelsen to surpass him next year.

Having said that you make a good point that there are 8-9 works seats next year so I can see him being deserving of one of them. I just find it hard to believe there are several teams "fighting" over him, but hey maybe he has a good PR manager behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Having said that you make a good point that there are 8-9 works seats next year so I can see him being deserving of one of them. I just find it hard to believe there are several teams "fighting" over him, but hey maybe he has a good PR manager behind him.

That's the key isn't it - he's deserving of a top 8-9 seat, but certainly shouldn't be a top choice with any bargaining power. He's a solid 2nd choice driver as he's consistent, but surely Mikko would be first choice 2nd driver which gives Mads even less leverage in any deals I'd have thought!

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts

Well, dreamers....

Østberg is winnercandidate on snow. He has quite much left on tarmac, but he is regular among top 3-4 on gravel, when his car is working properly.
    He had his share of technical issues this year, and a couple of mistakes. I question Msports ability to start a rally with everything 100% in the team, also some dodgy tirechoices from them. When the driver/codriver also make mistakes, maybe trying to makeing up lost time?

He had a shit season this year, close to every top-driver thru history had that some time, exept of a certain seb....

He need a teamleader that also can work with him as a coach, i dont think that is MWs best side.

But to drag duval into this is just stupid. Noone whants him back.
    He is maybe fast on the 2 first stages, but then he crash.
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    That's the key isn't it - he's deserving of a top 8-9 seat, but certainly shouldn't be a top choice with any bargaining power. He's a solid 2nd choice driver as he's consistent, but surely Mikko would be first choice 2nd driver which gives Mads even less leverage in any deals I'd have thought!
    Looks like Mikko will be M-Sport's No.1 so I guess the most likely outcome is Mads ending up No.2 there. But even then I'd rather have Mikko-Sordo than Mikko-Mads.

skarderud - he is possibly top 3/4 on gravel, but he's so far from the top that's he may as well be 30th! Surely it's better to see if someone else can challenge higher rather than just settle for someone you know is too slow to win but is reasonably quick? He has never really shown top, top pace in my mind. However I see his value as a number 2, just don't understand why people are fighting for him! As for Duval - I'd be amazed if it happened, and not in a good way.

RS - very true. Team of Mikko and Mads is so boringly consistent it might just work I guess. Personally would offer Sordo the drive on tarmac rounds, and let Ostberg have some time off during them!

Liked 2,281 Times in 1,073 Posts

Ostberg has had a shambolic season -no two ways about im afraid. Really disappointing. Shown no real raw pace at all. unless maybe in finland. Fact is the guy got outpaced in australia by meeke, a guy contesting his 2nd competitive rally in something like 2yrs. Citroen should just go for a meeke - kubica lineup. As matton says- they arent going to be fighting for manufacturer's title so i hope Yves grows some balls and takes a gamble on his driver lineup. No point in keeping a deadbeat sordo or mads ostberg