Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

X Box heave ho-welcome home PS2

I'm about to do something I never thought I would, but now its been justified.

Received an XBox as a gift about 8 years ago, but it has reached its end (in my eyes) in providing entertainment with its relatively narrow race sim range as compared to the PS2.

Plus, the PS2 has the added benefit of being able to play all of the "old school" PS1 games I like (CMR2, TOCA1/2, Mobil 1 Rally Championship).

So while I will only lightly miss Rallisport Challenge 1 and 2 (X Box specific)...

I look forward to embracing Le Mans 24 Hours, WRC (NTSC version), SBK 07/08, and everything else of which I am not aware....

9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    save a bit more and buy a PS3 instead!

The PS2 has reached its limit and I doubt we will see much more new games on it
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jso1985

I can probably get a PS2 and a fair number of games for what I hope to get for my X Box + games (about $110).

Too big of a leap to the PS3 and the PS3 game prices...
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    I'm about to do something I never thought I would, but now its been justified.

Received an XBox as a gift about 8 years ago, but it has reached its end (in my eyes) in providing entertainment with its relatively narrow race sim range as compared to the PS2.

Plus, the PS2 has the added benefit of being able to play all of the "old school" PS1 games I like (CMR2, TOCA1/2, Mobil 1 Rally Championship).

So while I will only lightly miss Rallisport Challenge 1 and 2 (X Box specific)...

I look forward to embracing Le Mans 24 Hours, WRC (NTSC version), SBK 07/08, and everything else of which I am not aware....

hey there tannat..

i have the wrc game (ntsc) for the ps2 and i have given it a good thrashing a fair few times...its a good game but damn its old...

is CMR2, TOCA1/2, Mobil 1 Rally Championship available here in the US?

i still play heavily on the trd 3 game..the v8s and the dtm and thats bout it. also been giving cmr 3 a good thrashing too on the xbox...
    the big print giveth the small print taketh

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_spackman
    hey there tannat..

i have the wrc game (ntsc) for the ps2 and i have given it a good thrashing a fair few times...its a good game but damn its old...

is CMR2, TOCA1/2, Mobil 1 Rally Championship available here in the US?

i still play heavily on the trd 3 game..the v8s and the dtm and thats bout it. also been giving cmr 3 a good thrashing too on the xbox...

Yes, yes, yes-they are available

Look on e blah and you should find them all without too much trouble (Mobil 1 will be slightly tricky).

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jso1985

I agree save some money and buy a PS3. IMHO out of the current generation of consoles it has the better longlivity potential so it should be around for a while.

The PS2 is still holding on with new games still coming out. some games, like the EA Sports series of games will probably continue to support the PS2 for years. Most developers will stop making games for it though.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I appreciate the PS3 nudges, but big diff between PS2 and PS3:

PS2 games $

PS3 games $$$$$

I'll step up to PS3 when the games are $

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Did it..

Sold X Box for $75
    Purchased PS2 for $55

On the way are Le Mans 24 Hours, Suzuki TT Superbikes and SBK-07

Will get WRC when I sell my games

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    Did it..

Sold X Box for $75
    Purchased PS2 for $55

On the way are Le Mans 24 Hours, Suzuki TT Superbikes and SBK-07

Will get WRC when I sell my games
    I've got the le Mans 24 Hours game, i found it ok, but you don't get damage and the cars are too easy to control on the hardest level. But it is fun doing the 24 hour races, that's what i find makes the game enjoyable.
    :champion:Mat Jackson BTCC:champion:
    :burnout:Virgo Motorsport/Creation AIM\Modena :burnout:Le Mans

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Tannat, you absolutely must get WRC4, don't waste your time with the rest! 1 & 2 were ok, 3 was good, and Extreme (5 basically) just didn't have enough stages, only 3 per country and the retirement rate was bad plus the graphics were stupid like rock falls from mountains etc which real rally drivers wont face cos the stage would be cancelled. WRC4 has the best of everything, all the cars, 6 stages per country but of decent length, super specials, S1600, PCWRC, extreme cars, plus close rallies and really great handling and probably the 2nd best graphics after GT4. Of all the PS2 games I've bought this is the one I've spent the most on. Its not in the RBR league of realism but its definately more challenging and rewarding than the CMR series.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion: