Page 21 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: S2000 summary

Liked 3,305 Times in 1,741 Posts
    Final results of the Acores Rally are here:
    http://www.autoklub.pl/16080,news.html?

Both Super 2000 cars retired with technical problems and good old Fernando Peres won with a group N Mitsubishi. I have to say that those Super 2000 cars are too vulnerable! If you look at this year's ERC and IRC results there wasn't even one rally, where S2000 cars didn't have technical problems...
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z
    Final results of the Acores Rally are here:
    http://www.autoklub.pl/16080,news.html?

Both Super 2000 cars retired with technical problems and good old Fernando Peres won with a group N Mitsubishi. I have to say that those Super 2000 cars are too vulnerable! If you look at this year's ERC and IRC results there wasn't even one rally, where S2000 cars didn't have technical problems...
    I have to say that Bruno Magalhães was very impressive while the car was ok. He has beaten his opponents very easily, He push a lot. In the first leg he had electrical problems and then in second leg were engine problems, not a typical problems of a S2000 car until now. The other S2000, The Fiat Punto of José Pedro Fontes has retired in the first leg due gearbox broken, well, a typical problem of a S2000 car, but in the second leg under the super-Rally rules he was the fastest on the road and took 10 points to the championship.
    At this moment there are huge gap between Bruno and Fontes, Fiat must work a lot if want to be able to catch Peugeot.

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Jarek, group N cars have a lot of problems too but when you have for example two S2000 and twenty gr. N cars, noone cares why ten of them didn't reach finish too because another ten are in finish S2000's have problems with reliability but I don't think it is some extreme.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Rene Georges Rally Team are building a third Polo.
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Quote Originally Posted by HaCo
    Rene Georges Rally Team are building a third Polo.
    But where are they going to find new customers? In the mental clinic?

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    what is the problem with the Rene Georges cars? i cant always follow what has happened in the events. Last i heard Freddy Loix was doing quite well with it.

It is strange to me that there are so many issues, as the Polo's here in south africa are bullet proof! there is almost never issues with gearboxes or anything like that.

the truth is all 8 our S2000's have given minimal problems this season, with a near perfect finishing record. The conditions we rally in over here are probably rougher than in Europe, ask me not having a good season because of it! yet we dont have the unreliability!

The pace in this country is at an all time high, with seedings exceeding Alister McCrae's from when he was her last year for the Zulu rally, so lack of pace is definately not the answer.

The truth is that Czopik break polos and blames rene georges for that, this is put in media and so on and on... The thruth is that the polos won several rallys and even beats all S2000 on speed in the last Belgian Ypres Westhoek Rally. Unfortunatly the car retired because a litle stupid thing broke. There were other S2000 that retired, so nothing special about that. I think 50% of S2000 retired, so 1/2 polo is not so special.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z
    But where are they going to find new customers? In the mental clinic?
    There is a rumour First Motorsport wants to sell their Fabia's and buy a Polo. It just a rumour, but where there is smoke...

Quote Originally Posted by HaCo
    There is a rumour First Motorsport wants to sell their Fabia's and buy a Polo. It just a rumour, but where there is smoke...
    Good news, the more S2000 cars the merrier!

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    HaCo: Here You can see no Belgian and no Polish point of view...

Czopik was a customer, he paid a lot of money to René Georges to get reliable car. As the one who pays he was also the one who could criticize. And any customer could change team if he is dissapointed with it.

René Georges is a "seller". It is very strange when he blames Czopik for any drivers mistake because he hasn't paid Czopik! Any driver's mistake is only driver's problem (customer's). Driver pays money to have no more problems than his own mistakes.

Of course some problems could occur but if they does on every event then it is absolutly standard way to change team. There wasn't probably a single rally where Czopik hasn't technical problems with car. What would You do Yourself on his place? You must see that it was Czopik's money spent there, no René Georges's. And how could You write that Czopik broke Polos and blames Belgians for that? How can driver break a power steering, differencials, electronics or fire extenguisher? I understand You're Belgian but what You wrote is only flame, not true.

And as Grant wrote, Polo's in Africa doesn't have such problems, so there's something strange about René Georges's ream... And I say that even I like the Polo more than other S2000's.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump