Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I haven't seen the Brands coverage yet, will remedy that tomorrow, but a mate alerted me to the seriousness of the crash today in a phone call, and he too mentioned that he could tell it was bad from having seen Craig Jones' face in the footage... sad sad news and to have it happen to a local racing in his home race is just terrible, for the rider, his family, and the fans. Condolences to the Jones family, and lets think of Pitty too who will be doing it tough at this time.

RIP Craig Jones
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was such a weird crash.. Couldn't really see what happened, and I will not watch it again as he passed away unfortunately

Rest in peace, Craig
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is a tragedy for the motorcycling world.

My lasting memories of Craig will be of his unique style - only Garry McCoy's GP days are anything close to what he did with his bike. Completely fearless, incredibly stylish and what's more he made it work for him.

He took the first win by a Triumph in about twenty years in British Supersport five years ago before coming onto the world stage, and it's clear from the messages here and elsewhere that he'd made a massive impression around the globe and was on his way to much more. A superb natural and individual talent who was a championship contender this year with a fairly unfancied team and had been overdue a race win for some time, as well as a bubbly and ego-less personality who was happy to get involved with the fans (his column on BikeSportNews.com was written up until Sunday morning and has been run in his honour).

A massive loss to our racing world - he already is sorely missed.

My thoughts are with Karen (Craig's girlfriend), his family, friends and team, plus Andrew Pitt who was completely blameless.

RIP Jonesy

Pat
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A suitable tribute to Jonesy from Tony Carter:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/040820...1985-2008.html
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    some idiot at FGSport decided it would be a good idea to post the crash on the official sbk youtube channel.

I am disgusted
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Your memory will forever bring a smile to my face!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rotten news, feel really down .. knew it wasn't good as soon as it happened..

A tragic end to an extremely promising and bright talent.
    Probably one of the most entertaining riding styles you'll ever see, ive ever seen anyway..

RIP Jonesy..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More terrible news for the world of motorsport my thoughts go to his family and friends.

RIP Craig
    Colin McRae

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    some idiot at FGSport decided it would be a good idea to post the crash on the official sbk youtube channel.

I am disgusted
    On that, I was impressed that the broadcast only showed the crash once (live). Often when spectacular sporting incidents happen like they they are all over it, showed every possible angle. They showed some class by respecting the situation.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

craig jones

I was so sorry to hear the news of Craig's death, I suppose I have kept up to date with it more because he is from my town of norhtwich, because I'm not normally into bikes other than watching them live. When I have been able to watch the racing he was always the one trying the most, and that from what i am reading will be what most people what to remind themselves of him. I never knew him personally, but my cousin did before he moved. RIP, craig, by the sounds of things u will be missed.