Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Many, many years ago during an open track day I posted the quickest street legal trim lap time at Laguna Seca, which was awarded with nothing other than bragging rights on that particular day.

The only other I can recall was much more fun. In my younger years I got into drag racing. At the time information exchange was much harder than it is now, and us younger "kids" hard a hard time breaking into the information base that the more experienced drivers had.

Unknown to some of the older crowd, a couple of them had helped us out with tips and information in exchange for helping them on their cars and such. My true night of acceptance was after sandbagging one of the older guys in a grudge match. I beat him by a little more than a fender in a slower car by getting a near perfect reaction time and launch.

After that day a lot more of the "old timers" took me and a couple others seriously and helped us out a lot more.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I won some races against some of the best competitors in the racing world.

See the simulations part of this forum
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    After a lot of training and dedication I managed to achieve 'wooden spoon' status in the first Forum Karting championships
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb

wining the F1 world championship (on GP4) And passing my junior karting license at leeds with what i thought were complete idiot kids on the track.....i showed them who is the boss!
    100% out and out Ferrari fan.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    real world motorsport achievements
    - 1m 7sec lap around brands in a standard pug 306
    - causing a red flag at snetterton track day

virtual world motorsport achievements
    - 1st in the GT4 Nordschliefe trophy
    team156.co.uk

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I won some races in dinghy sailing, and also in a Sonata.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    Won the SCA 6 hour Kart Challenge in 2001. Haven't won too much as a driver although I do have a Bathurst trophy 1st ACT Novice Rally driver 2002, most of my other wins are for codriving. the best win being the Clubman round held in conjunction with the ARC at Bathurst in 2005.

This year going to try and win ACT Clubman as a driver.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations A lot of people critisise professional drivers from their armchairs without understanding how tough it really is on track, well done

I came 2nd in Junior Rotax Max (Karting) in my second year in 2004. Finished on the podium in my first wet race.

Most recently led the TV Kartmasters British Kart GP in 2006 before being somewhat....suspiciously knocked in to a big crash which followed as i rejoined the track backwards Haven't raced at a professional level since then as i can't afford it anymore. Last race i done was a fun day event in pro karts for the Vibe FM/Kiss 100 Karting Challenge, a 2 hour endurance with Rotax team mate Rubens Morelli and driver coach and World Karting champ and F.BMW driver Olli Oakes......our team came 2nd after we got a stop go penalty for ramming and then had to change karts after ours broke :

Racing, great thrill when it lasts.

My darkest moment and biggest regret is missing last years FKM after a knee injury and failing to whipe that wooden spoon off Carl :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Would you believe...:

http://www.motorplex.com.au/news/2007_02_01.html

It happened again. This time third best reaction after heading the table for two hours last Wednesday. But couldn't improve as the fuel starvation problems began afterwards. Still, all good really.

And yes, I am the short*rse...

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    i've won my class in a couple Production Car autotests (on grass, against an assortment of Novas and Pugs and Minis)

about all for now
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.