Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dont_be_jack
    The 20 car isn't wearing as bad and doesn't appear to be crabbing...

Could that be part of the problem?
    Elliott Sadler is the best as far as tire wear goes today...and he's one of the crappiest drivers in the field...explain that one!
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don’t know if it’s ESPN or my cable company...but I keep losing reception. That’s just adding insult to injury IMO!!! I’m ever so close to switching to Direct TV!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tstran17_88
    Elliott Sadler is the best as far as tire wear goes today...and he's one of the crappiest drivers in the field...explain that one!
    Well, I said crabbing...which is the way the car looks when it doesn't drive down the straight like a normal car...but it could be that Elliot Sadler doesn't try as hard and doesn't burn down the rubber.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    as one who is not a fan of nascar I will defend nascar here. As was mentioned above this is not the first time this has happened at indy. At least nascar is running a race. It certainly isn't the best but at least there is a race. That can not be said of f1 who refused to make any changes and had the worst debacle in motor sports history.

david

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePI2
    as one who is not a fan of nascar I will defend nascar here. As was mentioned above this is not the first time this has happened at indy. At least nascar is running a race. It certainly isn't the best but at least there is a race. That can not be said of f1 who refused to make any changes and had the worst debacle in motor sports history.

david
    I'll agree with you on that one. NASCAR flew in the Pocono tires in case they needed them as teams ran out of the Indy tires and are doing what they can to keep people safe.

There are very obvious issues with Indy and everyone but the IRL. The speeds that the teams race at, the lack of banking, and the levigating of the track a few years ago have ruined whatever racing there once was.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Goodyear and NASCAR have effectively f***** this up haven't they??? the tyres at Atlanta earlier in the year were a joke but not as bad as this- totally unacceptable to bring a tyre that is not fit for purpose- ie can be raced properly

in the same way that it was unacceptable for Michelin in 2005- there is no excuse from either Goodyear or NASCAR for this- although I note the commentary team did the usual Goodyear tyre advert earlier

oh and the cars look f****** stupid crabbing down the straight- pathetic- thought NASCAR had stopped this after Hornish earlier in the year

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dont_be_jack
    Well, I said crabbing...which is the way the car looks when it doesn't drive down the straight like a normal car...but it could be that Elliot Sadler doesn't try as hard and doesn't burn down the rubber.
    I realize you said crabbing...all the cars are set up that way according to Bootie Barker. So I guess the 24 & 48 are crabbing more, but they haven’t blown out tires like the #17, who everybody in the garage predicted had the best set up for today’s race to alleviate the tire wear issue.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePI2

david
    Sorry, this isn't even a race. 10 laps of green and then 6-7 laps of yellow? Considering they run at about 70 mph under caution, that is a lot more time under caution than under green.

I blame both Nascar and Goodyear. The track hasn't changed in 3 years and Goodyear has a lot of experience with the COT. They should have been able to do a better job. But apparently the COT rules don't allow more left side weight than right, so the rules package just creates a package that abuses right side tires. Whatever the cause, the result is a joke.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tstran17_88
    I don’t know if it’s ESPN or my cable company...but I keep losing reception. That’s just adding insult to injury IMO!!! I’m ever so close to switching to Direct TV!
    It was probably ESPN since it happened here in San Diego too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, there are 2-10 lap heat races left .....
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D