Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool

It seems obvious you don't have confidence in his leadership. .

you do.....and had no trouble telling us all about pook and KK..

so tell me (us) why we should have confidence in TG's leadership...spicifically his ability to maintain a healthy mix of Venues on the schedule...

clearly he strayed from the original Vision...you can admit that can't you?

Edmonton, Toronto....Australia...midohio Belle isle....yet No Pheonix or MIS....and Vegas wanted to help pay for a season ending race THIS YEAR...
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No, I had no trouble talking about Pook, KK or Gentilozzi. It was very easy to talk about them.

First of all, TG NEVER said there wouldn't be road courses on the IRL schedule. He said at the beginning that if those came, it would be in the distant future. It was.

"Healthy mix of road courses and ovals?" "Healthy" to some is not going to be healthy to others, so guess we like it, deal with it, hate it or go fishin'.

Phoenix and Michigan are very traditional tracks for Indy car racing. Phoenix and Michigan are owned by ISC, which has scheduled NASCAR races at both spring and fall and any date the IRL proposed would be shot down as too close to the NASCAR dates. It doesn't appear that the IRL and ISC have been able to strike a bargain for those two facilities.

Vegas? Maybe down the road. But after two CC track rentals in which the fans walked out after a truck race and the disaster downtown last year, it's a bit too close in time to expect anything close to what was there to be successful out there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    you do.....and had no trouble telling us all about pook and KK..
    And he was right most of the time. He said that the business model that CCWS was using was not self sustainable, he was correct. He said that the "inflated attendance shell game" would play itself out soon enough and cities/promoters would start to bail (they did). He said the series that held Indy would be the last one standing, he was right. I could give you another 15 examples and you know it.

Almost everything that those of us who didn't belong to CW told you three years ago was going to happen, did in fact, come true. Perhaps IC's words now should carry some weight. If he's not ragging on every little detail about how the IRL is being run it's probably because he doesn't feel he needs to. The basic plan is solid.

Hope you don't mind me speaking for you IC. : ).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowndeco
    And he was right most of the time. He said that the business model that CCWS was using was not self sustainable, he was correct. He said that the "inflated attendance shell game" would play itself out soon enough and cities/promoters would start to bail (they did). He said the series that held Indy would be the last one standing, he was right. I could give you another 15 examples and you know it.

Almost everything that those of us who didn't belong to CW told you three years ago was going to happen, did in fact, come true. Perhaps IC's words now should carry some weight. If he's not ragging on every little detail about how the IRL is being run it's probably because he doesn't feel he needs to. The basic plan is solid.

Hope you don't mind me speaking for you IC. : ).

problem is the IRL is facing the same problems and headed down the same road...

no Title sponsor..

Venue and scheduling problems

TV problems

spec series...

Mego teams and have nots

ride buyers

etc etc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    problem is the IRL is facing the same problems and headed down the same road...

no Title sponsor..

Venue and scheduling problems

TV problems

spec series...

Mego teams and have nots

ride buyers

etc etc
    Yup, still looking for a title sponsor. Even NASCAR is feeling the pinch.

Schedule problems? Not in my eyes. A tight schedule or a nice variety of tracks.

TV problems? We'll see how that plays out.

Spec series? Not a problem in my opinion.

Big teams small teams? That's true from Formula Ford all the way up to F1.

Ride buyers? See last answer.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "They were not interested in New Hampshire and only wanted to run the club-racing road course at Las Vegas instead of one of the most outstanding oval tracks in the country. We're weren't prepared to accept that," Gossage said.

hmmm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowndeco
    Yup, still looking for a title sponsor. Even NASCAR is feeling the pinch.

Schedule problems? Not in my eyes. A tight schedule or a nice variety of tracks.

TV problems? We'll see how that plays out.

Spec series? Not a problem in my opinion.

Big teams small teams? That's true from Formula Ford all the way up to F1.

Ride buyers? See last answer.

it's not Nascar.....it's anchored by the holy grail of all auto racing

scheduling problems....se my last post and the fact it's no longer what it was suppossed to be 'oval centric'

spec.....your in the minority....by a long shot

agreed.....but that goes against the very foundation of the IRL

agreed....but the ride buyers aren't young american short trackers....again ...remember the original premise

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ken,

Yep, no title sponsor. Yet. How long has the series been combined? Since February. When are budgets set? The previous August.

Venue and scheduling problems? EVERY series has venue and scheduling situations, not necessarily problems, when you combine what the track needs, what the sanctioning body needs, what TV needs, what the teams need logistically, etc. The IRL announced a full schedule of 18 races. Period. No one will ever know how much motion it took to get there.

What TV problems? One story in the Sports Business Journal? Is the SBJ ahead or behind? Will they be resolved? My guess is, they will be.

Spec series? They just had a manufacturers meeting for the future. I think they're going about this very correctly. If they changed specs immediately, that would mean ex-CC teams would have had to buy new equipment three years in a row. The IRL is keeping as it is for now so its teams stay afloat. They didn't just jam a DP-01 or a COT down the throats of the teams and obsolete, in the COT's case, 700 stock cars.

Big teams/small teams? Had a lot of different winners this year and had some good runs by smaller teams to good finishes. And, as dd said, name a series that DOESN'T have big teams and small teams.

Ride buyers? Did you expect that to instantly stop?

And the Vegas road course? I heard it entered the discussions, but was quickly dismissed. Eddie's right.

This ain't a microwave.

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i heard once coke was going to be the title sponsor, i guess not now, i havent heard anything on that now adays,
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    Ken,

Yet. How long has the series been combined? .
    so everything gets reset as of Feb 2008?