Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tracy confirmed at Vision for Edmonton

Paul Tracy doesn't like to be left behind, and he doesn't expect to be while competing in an IndyCar Series event July 24-26.

Tracy will compete in the Rexall Edmonton Indy (5 p.m. ET, ESPN) through a collaboration of Vision Racing and Walker Racing. Additional races this season are possible.

Tracy, 39, will drive the No. 22 Subway/Vision Racing Honda-powered Dallara, which will be maintained at the racetrack by a Walker Racing crew. Northlands, the promoter of the Rexall Edmonton Indy, will be an associate sponsor.

"I've been away for a little while, but I want to be back in a car and this is the first step to getting back," said Tracy, who last competed on the streets of Long Beach (Calif.) in the Champ Car finale and is the Champ Car career leader with 31 victories. "We have a big job ahead of us but everyone is giving it their best try."

Ed Carpenter and A.J. Foyt IV also will compete for Vision Racing in the first event on the physical 1.96-mile Edmonton City Centre Airport circuit under the IndyCar Series banner.

Tracy competed in the Edmonton races the past three years. Last July, he started 14th on the 17-car grid but raced his way to fifth (28 seconds behind winner Sebastien Bourdais). He also was fifth in '06 and third in the inaugural event.

Tracy, native of Scarborough, Ontario, will compete in an IndyCar Series event for the first time since the 2002 Indianapolis 500.

"I'm excited about the opportunity with Vision Racing and Walker Racing," said Tracy who is seventh in Indy-car racing victories. "Obviously, it's key to have a good sponsor and a proper effort. Tony George has done a great job with that. We have that now with Subway and these two teams working together."

Longtime open-wheel racing team owner Derrick Walker said this is a step in competing in the IndyCar Series full time.

"We are looking forward to working with Vision Racing and Paul Tracy," Walker said. "Walker Racing is building on 2009 and this opportunity with Vision Racing affords us the chance to show that we are still alive and a viable entity. I appreciate that Tony has provided us with this chance. It's a good opportunity as well to work with Paul. Having raced against him for many years I've always admired him as a very competitive driver. There is no doubt we are all going into this event with our eyes wide open. We just want to execute the best that we can and the results will take care of themselves."

The Edmonton event is the last in a string of six consecutive weekends of racing, which includes the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio presented by Westfield Insurance this weekend. Watch all the action on indycar.com via streaming video with live Timing & Scoring.

"I am sure this partnership with Paul Tracy and Walker Racing will give us a better understanding of the platform we need to take to the event to be as successful as possible," Vision Racing co-owner Tony George said. "I am very proud of Vision Racing personnel who have very unselfishly worked to provide five cars to transitioning teams before the season started and before it began to focus on its own effort. Because of the professional way the team has conducted itself so far I am sure we will be able to collaborate with Walker Racing to put forth a quality effort for this race."

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Seems a bit bland. Interesting that he's still wearing a monster hat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    HURRAH! HURRAH! HURRAH!!!!!!!

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
    Seems a bit bland..
    Like their Subs

Interesting that he's still wearing a monster hat.
    Monster is PT's personal sponsor.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seems a bit bland. Interesting that he's still wearing a monster hat.
    And what would you expect for a one off deal?

Sorry PT I think this is a bad move, you've got a pretty big chance at looking like a loser out there.
    I'm old enough that I don't have to put up with your crap anymore.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonD
    And what would you expect for a one off deal?

Sorry PT I think this is a bad move, you've got a pretty big chance at looking like a loser out there.

As opposed to someone who wants to stay at home in Las Vegas and not drive at all??? Either he takes this and hopes for the best or he winds up looking like a loser for not trying.

I hope he comes out swinging and kicks some a$s.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's about time.

What's the risk? Anybody who thinks he isn't faster than Dannica Patrick, Dan Wheldon, Tony Kannan or the majority of stiffs that inhabit the IRL grid is smoking crack anyway. Real racing people know he's still fast.
    "It was easy. These cars are so easy to drive, my grandmother could do it." -- Juan Montoya

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    As opposed to someone who wants to stay at home in Las Vegas and not drive at all??? Either he takes this and hopes for the best or he winds up looking like a loser for not trying.

I hope he comes out swinging and kicks some a$s.

Gary
    And what if he looks like a loser FOR trying. Then what will you and everybody else be saying?
    I'm old enough that I don't have to put up with your crap anymore.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonD
    And what if he looks like a loser FOR trying. Then what will you and everybody else be saying?

Do you REALLY want to know what I will be saying, or do you want to just live with what you have already determined? What I, for one, will be saying is that I am damn glad he tried. I sure as hell didn't want to see him wait this out and have folks say that he didn't really want to race anyway.

Now what will YOU be saying in either of the two possible scenarios? Scenario #1, he kicks a$s and takes names, scoring points and a top five finish. Scenario #2, he gets punted out in the first turn by someone.

Either way I don't see him looking like a loser for trying. Obviously you must think he might.

Gary

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    PT is pretty good. The chances of him looking like a loser are low. I'm glad he finally got a package together. CC has been missing it's starpower with Bourdfais in F1, AJ in Nascar and guys like PT, Doornbos and Tags on the sidelines.

Good on ya' PT. Now kick some butt!!!

Nice to see PT in Bret Favre colors
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!