Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmonk
    Then again, Dario is a kept man and could easily retire as Mr. Ashley Judd.....
    I'm interested if he should not want the position.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    No way Dario will ever be back, except for maybe an Indy 500 one-off (also not likely). He accomplished his goals in the IndyCar series and was ready to move on to something else, hopefully something a bit safer. After Michigan, then Kentucky last year, the look on his face said it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnslpiaEAVA
    You seem to have captured his sentiments perfectly.

AP
    "Let's see what the future holds. I really just need to sit with Chip and see where his head is," he said. "But NASCAR is where I want to be. I want to be successful here and I certainly don't want it to end like this."

"I made a big commitment coming over here and I'd like to get in an opportunity to be successful. When I made the decision to come here, I wasn't going to do the IndyCar thing anymore so this isn't a case of missing out on what could have been in Indy cars," Franchitti said. "That just wasn't a direction I wanted to go in. Never say never, but it's unlikely I'll go back."
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith