Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Didn't this happen to Casey last year too at Donington??

From what I have heard Valentino said afterwards..

Rossi himself said this afterwards:

Being a fan of somebody is to support him and not to deride the others. Personally, if you are my fan because you hate others I don't want you to be my fan.

Very well said I would say...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    If the Donington GP is anything like the Australian GP, the problem is probably the morons in the crowd who aren't really into bike racing but who go just because it's a big occasion to go to - and get pissed and act like d$#@heads.

This element of the Philip Island crowd caused a huge police crack-down in Cowes, the main township on PI. To give you an idea of what Cowes used to be like - after the 1998 GP, I and my mates rode into Cowes, where the main street was competely blocked off to all but bikes and pedestrians. The night before (Sat night) we'd been there and saw all sorts of shenanigans - burnouts, wheelies etc - but it seemed a bit quieter on the Sunday afternoon. But I wanted to do a burnout to finish off what I'd started outside my mate's holiday house the night before so I rode up to a cop and said 'is a burnout ok mate?'

He replied, 'sure, just use your head mate', so I rolled away about 10 metres, and lit it up for a minute or so The cop and his colleagues clearly enjoyed it as much as anyone else.

The following year, that sort of stuff disappeared, and I was there and saw the reason why - carloads of idiots causing trouble, and ruining the whole thing for the bikers.

Sounds like football hooligans have decided that MotoGP is yet another good occasion to get smashed?

They were the days weren't they?? I think they also stopped the burn outs etc because of that chap going through the window at The Isle of Wight.with his bike!! Not a good look!

Last year though I noticed heaps of "want to be seen at MotoGP" fans there and they were the ones drunk, noisy and unruly and fighting. A few I spoke to didn't even watch the race.. They said they were there because Casey was the WC and that was the only reason...Why bother going then???

I can't imagine going to The Island and not watching the race!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roby44
    Didn't this happen to Casey last year too at Donington??

From what I have heard Valentino said afterwards..

Rossi himself said this afterwards:

Being a fan of somebody is to support him and not to deride the others. Personally, if you are my fan because you hate others I don't want you to be my fan.

Very well said I would say...
    I got the impression from what I read that it was mainly Rossi fans who booed Stoner, not Toseland ones, so that's a great comment above.

It's a shame that story made the world's press - we look like a bunch of hooligans now
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A contingent of so called fans over here have definitely taken a dislike to Stoner. He was booed last year aswell and he didn't attend the Day Of Champions charity day this year due to the abuse he got there last year.

I think it's a combination of blinkered Rossi fans who hate seeing someone beat him and the fact that Stoner can come across as arrogant. He doesn't lose gracefully (which top racer does) and seems to look for something to blame when things don't go right - usually the bike or tyres - much like Max used to.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Arrogant ? Perhaps he is confident, and that may appear to be arrogance, but, remember, that Casey had to play second fiddle to Heehaw when they were competing in 250cc. Why is Casey booed, and Heehaw not ? Heehaw comes across as much more arrogant than Casey.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    does earned to be boooed, casey earned the win all weekend. so why boo.
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    Arrogant ? Perhaps he is confident, and that may appear to be arrogance, but, remember, that Casey had to play second fiddle to Heehaw when they were competing in 250cc. Why is Casey booed, and Heehaw not ? Heehaw comes across as much more arrogant than Casey.
    No idea why Casey has been singled out for this treatment. Mob mentality I suppose. A few start it so the idiots all join in.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Heehaw comes across as much more arrogant than Casey.
    I'd agree with that

Rossi can also have a bit of a whinge, the reason he's on Bridgestones this season.

One reason I'm not Casey's biggest fan is that he's just a bit too dull for my liking, a bit like Pedrosa. I didn't know that there was such a thing as a shy, retiring Aussie. He's only just learnt to walk and he's got himself a wife and settled down, come on it should be all drinking and grid girls and doing stupid motorbike racer stuff.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    I got the impression from what I read that it was mainly Rossi fans who booed Stoner, not Toseland ones, so that's a great comment above.

It's a shame that story made the world's press - we look like a bunch of hooligans now
    Reports I got from friends who were at the track was that you couldn't tell if those doing the booing were in fact Rossi fans or not. There seemed to be an element of "new race fans" at the track this year. Perhaps the same ones we got at Phillip Island last year!! Just there to cause trouble and not there for the racing..

I also heard and they saw, Casey ignore his own fans once again..He does seem to do this often... This was also posted on his own forum by his own "diehard" fans!! They are noticing this more too now..Which is a very sad thing for any rider to do.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that Jorge has a bit of "showman" in him as well as the arrogance and this possibly gets him over the line with fans..

Jorge can loose well too, he doesn't become pouty.. Casey seems to throw a hissy fit when things don't go to plan..Which is fine, I would too probably, but he has to remember that those cameras are on ALL the time!! and people everywhere get to see it..Be gracious and then go into the box and kick the cat, dog, helmet, Chief Mechanic....

People will always remember the bad before the good in anything "another" rider does...Think Max, Sete,