Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Woo Hooo Jr. Wins

Oh Yeah!
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Man, I thought it was lost when they went to the GWC at the end, but he made it. Congrats Jr!!
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Finally!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    once again,Nascar determines its finishes

why in the CTS race, a truck was spun out on the final lap, yet no caution.
    but there is a spin on the last lap of the cup race and an instant caution without hesitation. WTG Nascar, plus after about 4-5 warnings, why wasn't Jr. ever penalized for continuely passing the pass car under caution.

guess after watching proper 24 hours of racing, I see how amature nascar still is with race control
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    once again,Nascar determines its finishes

why in the CTS race, a truck was spun out on the final lap, yet no caution.
    but there is a spin on the last lap of the cup race and an instant caution without hesitation. WTG Nascar, plus after about 4-5 warnings, why wasn't Jr. ever penalized for continuely passing the pass car under caution.

guess after watching proper 24 hours of racing, I see how amature nascar still is with race control
    Big surprise you find fault in a Hendricks/Earnhardt win...

The CTS race may have deserved a caution, hard to say as the spin was in turn 2 and the action was largely past/through it on the final lap. The Cup race absolutely needed one as it involved 2 cars spinning through the frontstretch with 1 to go and half the field yet to pass. A no brainer. Hell, it would have been easier to wait and not throw the caution for Hornish's spin that brought out the GWC than to justify not waving the yellow for Carpentier and Waltrip.

Nice win for Earnhardt and well deserved. I honestly didn't think he could save that much fuel running the high line like that.
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Talk about finishing on fumes!!! That was a dramatic finish. Glad he got the monkey off his back.

But does it seem like Hendrick is having trouble supporting 3 top level teams, or has the competition just evened out?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A combination of the two combined with dominant teams usually being a little too overconfident went it comes their their stuff the next season. I also personally think that is almost impossible to fully concentrate on more than two teams at a time.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fathers day,my wedding anniversiry and to top of a great day Junior gets a win .What a nerve racking finish for all Junior fans thanks to Hornish spinning with 2 to go.
    2010 NASCAR pickems champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A brave gamble by the crewchief, but it paid off. Rather ironic that after all the fuss about Jr moving to Hendricks, he finally wins a points race by driving slowly!
    As a neutral when it comes to Jr, I do have a couple of thoughts:

1. Why did they need that caution? Hornish Jr spins, recovers, doesn't hit anything and doesn't inconvenience anyone. With only three laps to go why on earth was a caution needed?
    2. Harvick#1 does have a point. The commentators mentioned that he had been warned to stay behind the safety car. In the next shot he's shown 4 car lengths ahead of it...
    "Inside every fat person is a thin person dying for some chocolate."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would have had all the respect for this fue gamble but the pace car action was just ridiculous.... sorry, this should nevot get waved through.

so what't next? sailing along under yellow, passing the pace car and pitting or wghat? That damn car is there for a reason and is the ultimate line of scrimage (it used to be at least...) no way to get beyond that, let alone THAT far, and THAT often!
    If you can't hold the speed then off you are, no fancy sailing mode or stupid stuff. You either make it or not.

I love close finishes and fuel gambkle to me is an important part of the game but these actions where not okay in my book.