Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

is Rick Hendrick kicking himself ???

Kyle Busch is currently clearly the Cup leader right now ...

In 2007 Rick Hendrick let Kyle Busch go so he could make room for Dale Jr
    Of course Kyle Busch landed with Joe Gibbs Racing & is doing VERY well this year
    this year Dale Jr has had some good runs & he is leading the Hendrick teams for now ...

2008 (so far)(14 races in)
    Kyle Busch - 1st in points ~ 4 wins / 9 top 5s / 10 top 10s (@ JGR)
    Dale Jr - 3rd in points (-145 points to 1st) ~ 0 wins / 6 top 5s / 10 top 10s (@ HMS)
    (Dale Jr isn't doing bad but the fact remains that he is trailing Kyle Busch & Jeff Burton)

Kyle Busch - 5th in points ~ 1 win / 11 top 5s / 20 top 10s (@ HMS)
    Dale Jr - 16th in points ~ 0 wins / 7 top 5s / 12 top 10s (@ DEI)

IMO I think Rick Hendrick should have fired Casey Mears & kept Kyle Busch !!!
    (currently Casey Mears is 26th in points & only has 2 top 10s)
    (Casey Mears WON'T make the Chase & will be lucky if he stays top 35 in Owner's Points)
    (many fans still wonder "what the heck was Rick thinking firing Busch & keeping Mears ?")

nascar.com seems to think it is win-win but I don't see it that way
    read for yourself
    http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/opin...ush/index.html
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    IMO I think Rick Hendrick should have fired Casey Mears & kept Kyle Busch !!!
    I agree.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is Rick Hendrick kicking himself

I doubt it, Kyle is very talented but not worth the trouble.

He was one of my favorite driver when he started with HMS.
    But he has become a very arrogant young man just like Kurt was a few years ago.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The situation has a lot to do with it. It fits in a better when it comes to both temperament and driving style with Tony and Hamlin than he does with Gordon and Johnson.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRoethig
    The situation has a lot to do with it. It fits in a better when it comes to both temperament and driving style with Tony and Hamlin than he does with Gordon and Johnson.
    Agree

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

temperment-tempertatrum

Quote Originally Posted by BenRoethig

I really thought Kyle was calmer this year than last year. I'm not a Kyle fan however I've seen some of his tantrums last year and thier nothing compared to his arrogance this year. Either way one could not say hes ignorant on driving, a little careless at times but not ignorant.IMO
    wheres Mondale when you need him?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I doubt Rick Hendrick is kicking himself. If you look at Nascar.com's driver rating (rates finishes, avg running position, avg speed, fastest laps, laps led, etc.) The #1 and #2 drivers are Kyle Busch and Dale Jr. True, Jr. hasn't won, but the Hendrick cars have just been a tick off this year. (2007 Hendrick cars won 10 of the first 14, this year only JJ's fuel mileage win @ Phoenix)

If you look at it like F1 does, and compare teammates, it is win-win.
    (And looking at it that way, I'd be worried if I was Casey Mears)

No, I don't think Rick Hendrick is kicking himself, but I do think Kyle Busch probably can't believe his luck to change to Gibbs just as they enter their dominant phase. Now, they're not as dominant as Hendrick was last year at this time, because Roush is also on an upswing, but life's pretty good for Kyle Busch right now.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    To further add to my comments, if Kyle Busch was still at Hendrick, I don't think he would have 4 wins, He'd probably have a win, but really, he'd be the fourth man in the pecking order at HMS. The Joe Gibbs Toyotas have really come on strong, and they've really matched up to Kyle's style. I think it's a perfect match for him.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    of course Rick is kicking himself, right when he made the decision to dump Kyle for Jooyner, I had a feeling Kyle was going to go out of his way to show up HMS.

I like Kyle, but he is way more arrogent this year than last, I think he got excellent lessons from Denny and Tony on how to put a driver or teammate down a notch (jason Leffler at Dover, etc...)

I still like how JB still gets hardly any credit, only driver in the top 15 that gets any exposure yet hes a stones throw from taking back the point lead
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MD24
    I doubt it, Kyle is very talented but not worth the trouble.
    Just like Barry Bonds.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd