Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Eurovision 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I watched this for the first time... Hmmm...

Everything from tight black pants to a lollipop dress... Was certainly not what I expected thats all!

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurl Racer
    I watched this for the first time... Hmmm...

Everything from tight black pants to a lollipop dress... Was certainly not what I expected thats all!
    It's a song contest not a fashion parade.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo
    It's a song contest not a fashion parade.
    Are you sure? But I thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Monaro Doorslammer
    Are you sure? But I thought...
    You thought wrong. Just look at the last three winners: some finn monsters, the serbian version of Ugly Betty and a barefoot russian.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    You thought wrong. Just look at the last three winners: some finn monsters, the serbian version of Ugly Betty and a barefoot russian.
    I think he was reffering to the first part of your post "its a song contest"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Finn Monsters, what, like Naomi Campbell?

I've just thought how many other crap songs were in the past and remember a song with the chorus " le papa pingouin, le papa pingouin, le papa, le papa, le papa pingouin ". It was sung by two girls dressed as penguins.
    I googled it to share the fun with you but all I could get is this links :

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/eu...urg/3061791529

http://www.nme.com/video/id/tmfpBguslRU/search/penguin

Don't know if it works.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a good laugh seeing your comments about the "skater " and it's weird that none of you recognized Evgeni Plushenko, olympic, world and european champion.

Why would we? The idea of having a roller skating olympic champion circling around a space the size of a postage stamp just to accompany a song though, is even funnier.

The voting system is not political ( give me a reason why Georgia wpuld give 12 points to Russia , and why Serbia would give 0 points to Romania after its Kosovo supporting) but emotional, based on sympathy.

The voting system most certainly is political, its a complete joke. Its been going on for a few years now, and is completely obvious to almost everyone else.

I'm afraid you'll never understand this voting as long as you can name Goran Bregovoc's orchestra fur weddings and funerals "the terrible 'entertainment' during the intermission " . The guy is huge in the Balkans , any balkanic inhabitant would react at his music, even those who has no origins in former Yugoslavia. It's the style of music of the region and the influences may be seen for ex. in the serbian or croatian songs of this edition.

I'm sorry you took offence to my comment about the 'entertainment' during the intermission. I am not from the Balkans, and I thought it would never end. I also could not tell which part of it was for funerals and which for weddings.
    Anyone who can seriously sit and watch the song contest and actually still think it is a song contest and not a political arena, has bigger problems than their taste in music. This is not about the UK not having a good song, or having a good song. I hjave been watching Eurovision for a damn sight more years than you I feel almost certain, and I am perfectly able to spot political voting from genuine and free voting.
    I am a brave, brave WOMAN :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink

Crazy Frog was a hit a while back. Our musical taste has gone out the window a long time ago, that's why this compo lives on.

Sorry Donnie but I'm afraid you quoted a few things that don't belong to me but are your own views, didn't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieDarco
    Why would we? The idea of having a roller skating olympic champion circling around a space the size of a postage stamp just to accompany a song though, is even funnier..
    A song may be a masterpiece of composition and may be performed correctly but if it can't induce en emotion in you, it's in vain. European space is culturally diffrent and it's unlikely that a sound that is familiar in the east ( for ex. ) would be received properly in other part of the continent ( and viceversa ). That's why those who want to win use little tricks like dancing, clothes changing, sparklers, special effects.
    Coming back to our champion, the guys who were in the audience said that at the beginning when the singer was crawling on the floor, the audience clapped their hands and waved the flags but when Plushenko came on stage everybody stood up . Having 2 personalities on stage certainly helped,

The voting system most certainly is political, its a complete joke. Its been going on for a few years now, and is completely obvious to almost everyone else..
    Give me a break....How fair was the contest in the past when the former communist block wasn't part of the contest and countries like Turkey, Greece, Cyprus and Yugoslavia never got points from the west? And when Germany never gave points to Israel.

Anyone who can seriously sit and watch the song contest and actually still think it is a song contest and not a political arena, has bigger problems than their taste in music. ..
    So what? I made it clear from the start I'm a " dilo " when I choose my nickname. There's no need to be rude just because I don't understand why Russia who opresed so many countries have now political votes from them. I just think it's something else.

This is not about the UK not having a good song, or having a good song. I hjave been watching Eurovision for a damn sight more years than you I feel almost certain, and I am perfectly able to spot political voting from genuine and free voting...
    Sorry Donnie, I have reasons to think you're still a junior. Anyway I gave motivations and examples to sustain my opinions, I don't want you or anybody else to agree with me.

I just want a honest opinion: Who do you thinck it deserved to be this year's winner ? And why?