Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    I'm not getting faster, Rat, but thanks.
    I'm afraid I have to correct you there, you ARE getting faster, Tannat
    I took a look at the results of rallies held on the in-game Greek stages in the past two seasons. In 2006 on the Acropolis you had a time of 48.28,17 on the first two legs combined, in 2007 you took 48.21,76 (in both years you were slower on the mirrored events) and now in Sardegna you set 47.50,52. That's over 30 seconds faster for the event!

But it's true that there have been several faster drivers that have stopped competing. However, compared to last year this stage of the season the competition looks a lot healthier. Then only 6 drivers, now 16. Marcel and Homer are in a class of their own, but it looks like the group behind is bunching up and getting bigger by the rally. And you were quickest of that bunch in Sardegna
    RallyBase Rallying Results: http://www.rallybase.nl/
    WRC results and classifications 1973-2006
    Also with ERC results 1992-2005.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kabouter
    I'm afraid I have to correct you there, you ARE getting faster, Tannat
    I took a look at the results of rallies held on the in-game Greek stages in the past two seasons. In 2006 on the Acropolis you had a time of 48.28,17 on the first two legs combined, in 2007 you took 48.21,76 (in both years you were slower on the mirrored events) and now in Sardegna you set 47.50,52. That's over 30 seconds faster for the event!

But it's true that there have been several faster drivers that have stopped competing. However, compared to last year this stage of the season the competition looks a lot healthier. Then only 6 drivers, now 16. Marcel and Homer are in a class of their own, but it looks like the group behind is bunching up and getting bigger by the rally. And you were quickest of that bunch in Sardegna
    Cheers on the fine research (how on earth did you get that skill? :laugh

This is the first year I went really softon the susopension-and it made a difference!

Last year I drove with a manual tranny-mistake. Could have been faster.

Think I had a big off the previous year (ah memories).

yes-I was top of the midfield, but just barely. NOR is doing a fine job of keeping me honest

Cheers, kabouter!

Tannat
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat

Last year I drove with a manual tranny-mistake. Could have been faster.
    I tried a few runs with auto transmission and really didn't like it. So I stuck with using manual transmission. On these gravel rallies I like to keep the revs low, and the computer clearly doesn't agree with me on when to shift up or down. Maybe that says my driving style is wrong though...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome to the forum My team mate Magnus has been missing for a couple of months now. I'm tempted to offer you the second Peugeot 206 of Curtans RallyBase Motorsport. But I don't know if you want to compete with the Peugeot or if you prefer other cars. If you're interested I'll try to contact Magnus to see if he plans to return to competition or has retired from the sport for good.

Kabouter-any word from your teammate?

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandi Navian Flick
    Kabouter-any word from your teammate?
    No reply to my PM yet. Magnus, are you out there?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No reply to my PM yet. Magnus, are you out there?

I will do my shakedown using the 206 on the premise I hope to be in your team before the rally end.

Thanks you, kabouter.

Scandi Navian Flick