Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rah
    You know, if you substitute the Migs with the largest military budget in the world, you could have a pretty good description of George W Bush.

Without the sh*tload of oil of course.
    "We're not in Cuba. We're supposed to have free speech,"- Medea Benjamin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "Chavez described Merkel's conservative Christian Democratic Union party as "the same right wing that supported Hitler and fascism."

Not only is Hugo a big-mouth, he doesn't even know what facism is.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You know, if you substitute the Migs with the largest military budget in the world, you could have a pretty good description of George W Bush.
    Gotta make the most of George W Bush jokes, we don't have much time left to make fun of him :

I think the American election is going to be a sad sad time for comedians everywhere, cause there goes a large chunk of their material :
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Chavez reminds me of an attention starved child who behaves badly so that the adults will pay attention to him.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Chavez reminds me of an attention starved child who behaves badly so that the adults will pay attention to him.
    Thats actually a very good description! Just ignore him and he will quiet down shortly :
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    He started out ok, he has some different ideas and he actually fulfilled the promises he made to the people which is a different political idea these days. But over the last few years he has degenerated a bit. I think like any politician, he started believing some of the things he said about himself.

But if anyone gets a chance to listen to his address at the UN a year or so ago where he described GWB as the devil, its well worth it.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    From chavez context, and the situation in his country, I guess that he actually benefits from bold statements like this. There is a common opinion in many countries in latin-america that the rich countries are exploiting them to a certain degree. That may also be the case from some perspectives. With this in mind I think that Chavez statements about leader of the rich countries may actually prove beneficial for him in his own country.
    It is another thing that he somewhat destroys the relatons to the "western "countries even though I also belive that most leaders disregard his statements knowing his agenda and purpose. One should also bear in mind that we, people in common, tend to favor loud politicans. The ones with a humble approach needn´t bother most of the time.
    IMHO
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    He started out ok, he has some different ideas and he actually fulfilled the promises he made to the people which is a different political idea these days.
    Yep!
    Only created the highest inflation rate in Latin America from what was then the most stable economy in the region.
    Oversaw a huge increase in crime.
    Closed down TV and radio stations that had the audacity to disagree with him.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But if anyone gets a chance to listen to his address at the UN a year or so ago where he described GWB as the devil, its well worth it.
    For the laughs right? We can all laugh at him from afar but we don't have to live in Venezuela either. It would be nice to get a perspective from a Venezuelan poster on this forum. Anybody out there?