Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Running at 1280x800 kinda defeats the purpose of having a 30" monitor
    Not in the least. Try it on yours and let us know.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Size isn't the point The whole point of getting a 30" display is so you can have a more detailed picture and photos are more detailed and games look better The crappy little 17" Dell CRT here is running @ 1280x960 so even though it's a fraction of the price I'm getting a far better picture than you are
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Size isn't the point The whole point of getting a 30" display is so you can have a more detailed picture and photos are more detailed and games look better The crappy little 17" Dell CRT here is running @ 1280x960 so even though it's a fraction of the price I'm getting a far better picture than you are
    That's not what my lady says. LOL.

There are many reasons to have a 30 inch monitor, and for some applications, I run 2560 x 1600. The NVida also has 2 HDMI outputs, and for other applications, I run it to my 1080p TV.

You pays your money and you makes your choices.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ok fair enough I was worried the text was too small so you took the res down permanently.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok fair enough I was worried the text was too small so you took the res down permanently.
    Working with Photoshop - I go to the max res. Working with MS Word or playing on this forum - half max is great - I can sit wayyyyyy back and hold the keyboard in my lap. FWIW, I cannot say enough positive things about this monitor.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Fair enough As long as the rest of your PC is not Dell then it's fine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fair enough As long as the rest of your PC is not Dell then it's fine
    Why?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Dell monitors are decent because they're just rebranded version os other monitors and there's little difference between an Apple Cinema 30" and a Dell 30" of the same spec other than packaging.

But Dell PC's are basically built as cheap as possible which is why the prices are so low.

Dell monitors = BMW. Not as good as a Ferrari or a Porsche but good enough and built well enough.
    Dell PC's = Kia, Hyundai, Lada or Daewoo. Built well enough to drive out of the factory and run for a while but anything after the warranty period runs out is a gift.

Here's an excellent example of Dell quality and quality Dell customer service

http://ericfarraro.com/?p=18

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dell monitors are decent ... <snip>
    I've read similar stories about all of the major brands. I'm not going to get into a he said/she said discussion on this topic. Thanks.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    I have the same thing too.

I believe that the width of the last version of the forum was a percentage (ie 95% of visible width), whereas this new version is a fixed size - hence the scrolling.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!