Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Adrian Sutil: a liabilty?

Does anyone else think that Force India's Adrian Sutil is starting to look like a bit of a liability?

Last year, he comfortably defeated his teammates Albers and Yamamoto, but he caused 3 consecutive first lap incidents in Australia, Malaysia and Bahrain, and then crashed in Canada, the Nurburgring (albeit others did too), and China. His only saving grace was that he has good natural pace, he scored a point, and that his team-mates spent just as much of their time off the track as well.

This year, he has struggled with the tyres, but surely they are nearly the same as last year's ones, and against Fisichella, he is being shown up. Now I'm not sure what happened in Bahrain, but I know he was involved in a first lap accident; if anyone knows can they elaborate?

I'm sure Vitantonio Liuzzi can do a better job at this time. A year as a test driver wouldn't hurt Sutil too much. Think of it as a Massa/Sato type deal. That way, when Fisichella retires (probably 2 or 3 years), Sutil can come back in matured and quicker, and into a Force india team which will definitely be stronger.

Is Sutil's race seat at Force India at risk from Liuzzi or anyone else in 2008?

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    I think Sutil is suffering in a similar fashion to Massa--poor race luck. The big difference at this moment is that Massa is at least as fast as Kimi.

Giancarlo has been quicker in every test and in every practice session and in every race, but the gap is shrinking. The past race it was down to .4. Adrian's performance last year flattered to deceive, and now that he's paired against a true professional, his weaknesses have been magnified. However, I still think he has the talent to get on with the job.

Going with Liuzzi is not the answer, IMO.

They should have hired Christian Klein, and kept Sutil as reserve and test driver. After all, Klein was quicker than ALL of the drivers who tested for Force India, and I don't think he would have cost the team more money that Sutil or Liuzzi. He beat all the challengers: what else could they have asked from the guy?

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    For all the hype that Sutil generated last year, he has been smashed by Fisi this season...
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    give him time, we are 3 races into the season.

I do beleive he dowes have talent and if he were at any other team, bar Super Aguri, he would be actually doing quite well.

Rember, this is the same guy who gave LH a run for his money back in the lower ranks. The same guy who drove stunningly at Spa and impressed at a few other tracks.

I'm not ready to proclaim him finished yet.
    Fisi was always a better driver than he showed at times.
    He certainly never enjoyed the pressure -looking over his shoulder- sitution at Renault. Some drivers respond well to being harrased and pushed. others' don't. Now pressure free, he is actually doing much better.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze

They should have hired Christian Klein, and kept Sutil as reserve and test driver.
    After all, Klein was quicker than ALL of the drivers who tested for Force India and I don't think he would have cost the team more money that Sutil or Liuzzi. He beat all the challengers: what else could they have asked from the guy?
    If my memory serves me correctly (which it rarely does) I made that same argument during
    the selection process. Klien's biggest liability is he had a shot and didn't take full advantage of it.
    Sponge Bob was regularly quicker, but Klien showed some signs of greatness (he was a hard charger)
    but he couldn't avoid contact. He made A very public statement that went along the lines of
    "I'm glad we are bringing in all the candidates to test at the same time.
    because I will show I am the fastest! (I'm paraphrasing of course) The Damnedest thing is , is he did beat them. In a Steel cage/Smackdown.

C'est la vie

It's been my experience that the road is
    strewn with dudes that almost made it.
    I mean you have to step over, and around them!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Sutil was overrated last season.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I know one thing: before each race, I pray that ant can avoid this guy like the plague.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    I know one thing: before each race, I pray that ant can avoid this guy like the plague.
    Klien, or Sponge Bob?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Give him some time/half a season.

Second season syndrome. I think its fair to say drivers are allowed a dip in form over a period of time.

Looking back on the first half of the 2004 season I'm sure plenty here would've said Alonso was over-rated up against Trulli.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He's a waste of space, it was just a fluke he was quick in that wet practice last year, that got people talking. Your teammate is always the true measure, Fisi has made him look less than average!