Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    I had all the infornation posted but the mods disallowed it I sent you as well as many other forum PM's about it. chek your messages I'd like to discussit with each and everyone that is able to help in any capacity possible
    May the forza be with you

As more news becomes available, this situation just seems to get sadder, and
    sadder!

http://f1.automoto365.com/news/contr...&news_id=30480
    In a last minute change, however, the BIC has been informed by Formula One Management that the Vodafone McLaren-Mercedes team has had new pits allocated. Originally it was planned that the team would take its place in the fifth set of garages, as it did for the Malaysian and Australian Grands Prix.

However late notice arrived to announce that instead of garages 15-18, the Vodafone McLaren-Mercedes team would take up residence in garages 33-35. Traditionally the pit lane allocation is decided by the previous season’s points but McLaren scored no points in the constructors’ championship despite its drivers finishing second and third in the drivers’ title battle behind Ferrari’s Kimi Räikkönen.

“We understand that it is in line with the rules and regulations of the sport for McLaren, which scored no points in the 2007 constructors’ championship, to take the final set of garages,” said Shaikh Salman bin Isa Al Khalifa, Chief Operating Officer at the BIC. “However in Bahrain we do our utmost to ensure that fans of each team get to sit opposite their favourite team’s pit garages to see the action unfold. Sadly on this occasion we must apologise to McLaren fans and accept that this is force majeure.”

The Formula One paddock itself is a hive of activity, with the team hospitality areas being branded and kitted out and the Paddock Club suites above the pit lane being fettled in sumptuous style.

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Imo this is BAD!

I was the first to boil when McLaren were not relegated to the back of pitlane but this is even worse imo.

FOM need to understand they can't make up their minds as they go along. McLaren may have allocated equipment and corporate hospitality based on getting bay5 as they had been advised. If they've less space does that mean McLaren now have to turn away high-end ticket holders as there's simply not enough room?

As per the article re fans who have bought tickets across from McLaren, I completed understand their frustration.

This is not good enough. Once a decision had been made, albeit the wrong one, they needed to stick to it.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    This is stupid .
    It is what they should have done in the first place
    I say pitch them a tent out in the desert sand next to where the camels are tied up!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    This is stupid .
    It is what they should have done in the first place , but the fact they are doing it now shows up the incompetence of the original decision to give them slot 5 ...Can open , worms everywhere .
    I agree It's a mess. Are we going to get this at every race with the FIA/FOM meeting to decide "where shall we put McLaren this weekend?"
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    I say pitch them a tent out in the desert sand next to where the camels are tied up!
    I thought I had strong feelings along these lines!
    Dude Get Down with your bad self

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think they have been rewarded by scoring them no point last year.

Don't know that there is space available for the spy.
    This is to describe how bad espionage case is, so I suggest stop spying others it only tells how bad is you, save your time!

As I stated in the Max thread: It seems that in F1 truth is truly stranger than fiction.
    Really look at the events as if it was the plot of a story.
    It would be rejected as something such a prestigious enterprise would do as being completely unbelievable!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Looks like somebody got caught with his pants down. : :
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Looks like somebody got caught with his pants down. : :