Page 90 of 108 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    I'll see what I can do with the original but it was only a small print and it may not be possible to improve it. Probably pure luck the car was in the frame at all, however professional the blurred scenery looks!

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    I detact that there is a popular wish by the main users to keep this thread mainly for historical research of results records so I will refrain from posting too many photos. This is as it comes off the scanner:

I suggest going to:
    http://forums.autosport.com/forumdis...?s=&forumid=10
    (where the rally fraternity are making some progress infiltrating a very racing- orientated forum) I will post what I have from the 72 Scottish there in the "Personal rally photos from..." thread - noting that one of the photos I have found is of car no 119 and the driver of car no 118 is already an existing member there!

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Photos now on TNF - link above.

Liked 48 Times in 20 Posts

1989 Manufacturers' Championship

I have a question about 1989 Argentina rally for the manu' ch'ship.

Jonkka on his site has points scored by Renault 18 GTX in 5th pos. and VW Gol in 10th pos. added in Renaults' and VW's totals for the 1989 season.
    All other sources I've managed to find list those points for a separate entries, namely 10 points for Renault Argentina and 1 point for Volkswagen Argentina, and not adding it to Renault or VW.
    I'd like to know should these points be given to Renault and VW, or were Renault Argentina and Volkswagen Argentina really considered to be separate manufacturers?
    Drive as if your life depends on it...because it does!

2005 WRC Pickems Champion!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Being new to all this, I am not sure if my first reply worked - I cannot see it anywhere.
    So, thank you again for your efforts. I am currently suffering from "something in my eye" seing the picture of the late Arthur Jasper - an old friend well remembered.
    Regards
    Michael

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by autohabit
    Hi all, I am new on here, I am looking for photos of Prodrive BMW M3's in rallying. In particular I am looking for Vatanen on the '88 1000 Lakes, I have found a couple of photos but they are quite rare as he only completed a few stages. Any M3 photos are appreciated though, thanks.
    I've noticed quite a few M3 rally photos on Forum-Auto on various threads (particularly in Belgium):
    http://www.forum-auto.com/sport-auto/theme40/debut.htm
    http://www.forum-auto.com/sport-auto/theme51/debut.htm
    The Corsica-winning M3 is in the Prodrive museum I think.

Liked 48 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaps

Jonkka on his site has points scored by Renault 18 GTX in 5th pos. and VW Gol in 10th pos. added in Renaults' and VW's totals for the 1989 season.
    All other sources I've managed to find list those points for a separate entries, namely 10 points for Renault Argentina and 1 point for Volkswagen Argentina, and not adding it to Renault or VW.
    I'd like to know should these points be given to Renault and VW, or were Renault Argentina and Volkswagen Argentina really considered to be separate manufacturers?

Last call on this one.

Anyone out there have any idea?
    Drive as if your life depends on it...because it does!

2005 WRC Pickems Champion!

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Last call on this one.
    Anyone out there have any idea?
    I vaguely recall there was trouble over it at the time. It was Brazil, not Argentina, wasn't it where they always had to pack the entry list with local Renaults to reach the FIA minimum number of starters to have WRC points awarded at all?

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

All contemporary sources I have (for me the most important being Word Rallying) give separate points for Renault Argentina and VW Argentina. I don't know Jonkka's reasons for including the points with the "mother company".
    RallyBase Rallying Results: http://www.rallybase.nl/
    WRC results and classifications 1973-2006
    Also with ERC results 1992-2005.

Liked 39 Times in 15 Posts
    What happened to Alex Fiorio, car number 9, in Rally Vinho Madeira 1998? I´m not finding him in the final results and in any retirements list.

Thanks