Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meph
    I'm missing somehow, my team mephrace. It was entered into the competition on 27th Feb 08, 21:41. Ferrari/Ferrari, Glock/Bordais/Schumacher; Brazil
    Ferrari/Ferrari/Glock/Bordais - eh?

Sounds alot like my team. Follow me, I'll show you where us bottom feeders hang out.

Liked 1,090 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear
    Ferrari/Ferrari/Glock/Bordais - eh?

Sounds alot like my team. Follow me, I'll show you where us bottom feeders hang out.
    High attrition-races will do that to the standings. I guess regardless of the type of race my team will always be in the bottom half as I just have no luck!
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Well, we were both lucky not to have picked the Aussie GP for our bonus. I was considering it when making my team, just to give myself an early artificial lead. As it turns out, even doubling my points would only put me somewhere in the middle.

Oh, and by the way, thanks for running the FGP again N. Jones.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones
    DAMNIT! Oh is andreag going to be mad at me!! I'll get it updated.
    First I did all the web programming and designs, as well as the control and calculation programs.

Then N. Jones send me the list of 50 teams. I adapt everything to this number (is the worst and longest part of all), and when it was ready, I sent him the files and uploaded the web pages to the server.

Then when I was placing the points for the calculation after the race in a sister game on a spanish Forum, I'd realize a small mistake. Fixing it was simple, but I have to upload the files again to the server.

Then he told me there were three more teams.

I had to remake all the tables and pages to adapt to this number (remember, the longest part of all), and when it was ready, I re-sent him the files and re-uploaded the web pages to the server (third time).

Then he told me there was one more team.

I spent some time finding a way to kill him through the internet (he lives in the USA and I'm in Spain), but I couldn't, so I had no other chance than remaking again all the tables and pages to adapt to this new (and I hope last) number (as you already know, the longest part of all), and when it was ready, I re-sent him the files and re-uploaded the web pages to the server for the fourth time on this weekend.

The sister game is pretty much more complicated than FGP, as we have aside a Bonus GP (doubling points), a Malus GP (deleting points). There's also a chance to make changes between the third and fourth races, and the teams receive more money to do it according to the real points they have from this first three races (Bonus and Malus don't count for this money). There's also a livery contest, and all players have the chance to vote to their favourite liveries (that means another web page and more programming to let everyone to see the liveries, and more designing work), and the prizes are money for the changes after the third race.

Well, the sister game didn't took me so much time than this one. And I'm not even parcipating on this year's FGP.

But I'm happy to help you to have the game, and glad to give N. Jones a hand.

To see the real and final results after the first race, click here.

If you're curious about the liveries on the sister game, click here and move the mouse over the teams names.

P.S. I hope you like this season new web design.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the new web site looks awesome!!!

when listing the results for each round, would it be possible to indicate which teams had that round as their double points round?

it is hard for us to really tell how we did each round because we don't know who had double points or not.

if it's too much work, don't worry about it. but if it's not that much work then it would be really cool

Kentucky Fried Racing did well thanks to WIlliams nice run and Renault didn't hurt me either!
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm confused about my points.

I have a Williams Chassis and a Ferrari engine, both my drivers(Button and Webber) failed to score points.

If I am right, I should get :
    - 6 points for my Williams Chassis courtesy of Mr Rosberg,
    - 2 points for my Ferrari Engine courtesy of Mr Bourdais.
    Therefore total is 8 points.

But I am listed at 10.??

As Raikkonen finished behind Bourdais i get nothing for his Ferrari Engine, and likewise with Nakajima. Correct?

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Really really huge thank you to andreag. Greate job mate, really appreciated. The new design is awesome.

Thanks also to N Jones for keepint the idea alive.

What a pitty that it seems we have less teams that last year... but FGP is going strong, thanks to you two. Great job!
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny shell
    the new web site looks awesome!!!

when listing the results for each round, would it be possible to indicate which teams had that round as their double points round?
    Thanks. I'll try to find a way to show double points round with not too much changes.

Quote Originally Posted by aryan
    Really really huge thank you to andreag. Greate job mate, really appreciated. The new design is awesome.

What a pitty that it seems we have less teams that last year... but FGP is going strong, thanks to you two. Great job!
    Thankyou, Aryan. Maybe a way to re-vitalize FGP for 2009 would be the addition of new features as I did with the sister game (I prepare it and announce it with only two weeks left and I had more then 40 players, even with a similar game running on the same site). If this changes work well, I'll tell it N. Jones to find a way to introduce some for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by JSH
    I'm confused about my points.

I have a Williams Chassis and a Ferrari engine, both my drivers(Button and Webber) failed to score points.

If I am right, I should get :
    - 6 points for my Williams Chassis courtesy of Mr Rosberg,
    - 2 points for my Ferrari Engine courtesy of Mr Bourdais.
    Therefore total is 8 points.

But I am listed at 10.??

As Raikkonen finished behind Bourdais i get nothing for his Ferrari Engine, and likewise with Nakajima. Correct?
    No. That's no correct.

You have 6 points for your Williams Chassis, as the Chassis points were:

McLaren: 10.
    BMW: 8.
    Williams: 6.
    Renault: 5.
    STR: 4 (Heikki and Kazuki drove a car with an already pointed chassis).
    Ferrari: 3.
    Toyota: 2 (Robert drove an already pointed BMW).
    Super Aguri: 1.

The same rule of only first chassis and engine receive points gives this Engine points:

Mercedes: 10.
    BMW: 8.
    Toyota: 6.
    Renault: 5.
    Ferrari: 4 (Sebastian made it; BMW and Toyota already have its points).
    Honda: 3 (Sato, of course).

So you have 6 points for your Chassis and 4 for your Engine. Total points: 10.

Do you realize it takes longer to write this explanation than to read the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by aryan

You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by andreag
    First I did all the web programming and designs, as well as the control and calculation programs.

Then N. Jones send me the list of 50 teams. I adapt everything to this number (is the worst and longest part of all), and when it was ready, I sent him the files and uploaded the web pages to the server.

Then when I was placing the points for the calculation after the race in a sister game on a spanish Forum, I'd realize a small mistake. Fixing it was simple, but I have to upload the files again to the server.

Then he told me there were three more teams.

I had to remake all the tables and pages to adapt to this number (remember, the longest part of all), and when it was ready, I re-sent him the files and re-uploaded the web pages to the server (third time).

Then he told me there was one more team.

I spent some time finding a way to kill him through the internet (he lives in the USA and I'm in Spain), but I couldn't, so I had no other chance than remaking again all the tables and pages to adapt to this new (and I hope last) number (as you already know, the longest part of all), and when it was ready, I re-sent him the files and re-uploaded the web pages to the server for the fourth time on this weekend.

The sister game is pretty much more complicated than FGP, as we have aside a Bonus GP (doubling points), a Malus GP (deleting points). There's also a chance to make changes between the third and fourth races, and the teams receive more money to do it according to the real points they have from this first three races (Bonus and Malus don't count for this money). There's also a livery contest, and all players have the chance to vote to their favourite liveries (that means another web page and more programming to let everyone to see the liveries, and more designing work), and the prizes are money for the changes after the third race.

Well, the sister game didn't took me so much time than this one. And I'm not even parcipating on this year's FGP.

But I'm happy to help you to have the game, and glad to give N. Jones a hand.

To see the real and final results after the first race, click here.

If you're curious about the liveries on the sister game, click here and move the mouse over the teams names.

P.S. I hope you like this season new web design.
    To all here I say that without you FGP would be an unaligned mess in a thread!

I bow to your greatness! *bows deeply*