Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyborg_hun
    could someone give me a good snow setup for manual gearbox. I think i'm going to try it, when i expeience some development.
    I am still testing some different setups:
    GB 0
    SUSP -2
    PR -1
    BB -2
    BP +2/+3
    ST +5

or

GB 0
    SUSP +2
    PR -3
    BB -2
    BP +2/+3
    ST +5

very different setups, I have the feeling the second one is faster, but the car is more understeered (because of the lower ride height) and therfore a mistake costs you some more time.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I’ve been trying many setups so far, but I learned only one thing So That’s what I ask for advice. The one thing is: I have never set up PB with same setup With same setup I can’t drive equal times, you have many chance to make mistakes I can win 1 second within 2-3 corner, but usually I lose it in the next 2-3 corner

My setups are very various too, but never tried to drive with setup like your 2nd:
    BG 0
    SUSP -4 - +4
    PR -1 - +3
    BB 0 - +2
    BP - 4 – 0
    ST +2 - +3

Maybe I should try to drive the rear wheels more, but your brake balance setups are also interesting

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use the PR and BB to dial out the massive understeer you get on snow. The car should pull itselff around the corner when you step on the throttle. With the break balance set more to the rear I can set the car in a corner by touching the brakes creating some oversteer.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My setup for Sweden:

- gearbox: 0
    - suspension: -2
    - power.ratio: 0
    - brake.balance: +2
    - steering: +2

It's very hard to tell which setup is the best. It should be that one which enables you to drive consistently and smooth through each SS. I've even tried to put some more power to the rear. It feels very good in the corners, but I find car a little to nervous (front end is lighter because of that). But this setup just gives you a final details, you have to controll the car previous. Also with a default setup it is possible to go very fast.
    To join, copy and paste this into your signature.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I used
    GB 0
    SUSP 0
    PR -1
    BB -1
    BP +2
    ST +5
    and broke about all my records yesterday. But it is as GrP says: you first have to perfectly control the car before setup can make any difference here.
    I am starting to learn these stages and therefore keep going faster. Setup is just for the final bit in confidence to tackle the stages on the limit.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any tips for driving on ice ( stage two)? I am always very slow in this section of the stage, even the computers are beating me there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I try to touch the snow on the inside of the corner. Just try to get on or two wheels on them and they will kind of pull you around the corner.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stage-by-stage results are now available at the yahoo site.
    here's some stats of the rally
    - Stage wins: GrP 11, Marcel Haenen 8
    - Rally Leaders: SS1-SS19: GrP
    - Luffield finished 3rd on every stage but the last one
    - Ramore managed to overhaul a 35 sec disadvantage to Sir Killalot(and 38 sec to Dravas76) at the end of day 1 to finally finosh 5 secs ahead of Dravas76 and only 5 secs behind Sir Killalot
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramore
    Any tips for driving on ice ( stage two)? I am always very slow in this section of the stage, even the computers are beating me there.
    jso1985 used an interesting technique last year...
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wich happened to be illegal according to the old organizer :
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p