Page 233 of 237 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2367
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Subaru and Mitsu should both come back, two iconic brands in rally history!
    Both also had a lot of return from the sport I think, selling Lancers and imprezas.

Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    At least in Norway, thru the Petter Solberg years. 2003 and 2004 was 40% up from 2002.
    Now, i dont know, but 70% down from 2002? Much lesser new cars on the road, i live in winter wonderland Lillehammer, snow 5-6 months a year. Even i has sold my Impreza and buyed a volvo xc60

Motorsport sells cars, when the marketingdepartment know how they do theire job!

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

3. Likes: Rally Power (8th November 2018),WRC1 (8th November 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    I don`t see motorsports selling cars TODAY, except racing. Maybe the brand itself, yes, but that`s also quite hard. People want SUVs, entertainment, economy, long warranty and a low monthly payment- when we aren`t talking about premium car. Also pretty hard to create cars for a petrolhead because of all the safety and eco demands. They all weigh a million because of many airbags and driveraids and cost a lot. Times when RS`s, STIs and Evos were popular from clubman events to grp n. are over, fun while it still lasts and hopefully the "oldtimers" are also maintained not only used and they`re around for some 10 years+.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 8th November 2018 at 11:01.

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    At least in Norway, thru the Petter Solberg years. 2003 and 2004 was 40% up from 2002.
    Now, i dont know, but 70% down from 2002? Much lesser new cars on the road, i live in winter wonderland Lillehammer, snow 5-6 months a year. Even i has sold my Impreza and buyed a volvo xc60

Motorsport sells cars, when the marketingdepartment know how they do theire job!

Same happened with Citroen, when Petter had a stint with Xsara and C4, in private team.
    Citroen Norway used Petter activly in commercials, and sold more cars.

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y View Post
    I agree on the engine as a defining design feature but the sound came from the exhaust manifold arrangement. New Subarus sound like anything else these days. I'm surprised there's not more demand for an exhaust that will recreate the sound; maybe the enthusiast market isn't what it was fifteen years ago.
    This. Unequal length exhaust headers and single scroll turbo setup, what we get in UK, US and Europe sound very different from Japan spec with equal length headers, twin scroll setup. I don't recall the later wrc imprezas having so much burble, certainly nothing like the legacy's and early imprezas.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post

Was it a black estate from the 90s with an STI front bumper? That and one of Solberg's cars at a museum were the only two Subarus I saw in Norway, both around Lillehammer.

Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    Was it a black estate from the 90s with an STI front bumper? That and one of Solberg's cars at a museum were the only two Subarus I saw in Norway, both around Lillehammer.
    Lokal? No, it was a dark grey hatcback
    It is lots of Subarus around, mostly Forester, XV, and legacy.
    It's atleast 6-7 WRX's around, some STIs too, a wellknown cameraguy has one

Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    I live 20km south of Lillehammer with my 03 STI that Solberg used for some PR (6 Subaru's in my family), you might have spotted some video of mine running on two big screens in that museum with Solberg's 02 WRC
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

10. Likes: Gregor-y (8th November 2018),skarderud (8th November 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    I don`t see motorsports selling cars TODAY, except racing. Maybe the brand itself, yes, but that`s also quite hard. People want SUVs, entertainment, economy, long warranty and a low monthly payment- when we aren`t talking about premium car. Also pretty hard to create cars for a petrolhead because of all the safety and eco demands. They all weigh a million because of many airbags and driveraids and cost a lot. Times when RS`s, STIs and Evos were popular from clubman events to grp n. are over, fun while it still lasts and hopefully the "oldtimers" are also maintained not only used and they`re around for some 10 years+.
    If we remind Lancia’s long agony after leaving the WRC, till nowadays almost extinction, it’s hard to agree with you; motorsport and Rally can still have positive effects on the auto industry, from R&D to marketing and sales. Besides, the current SUV fashion won’t last forever (a bit like the MPV’s in the 00’s) and most of those SUV’s are mainly Hatches on steroids, making possible to adapt them to rally.
    Rally addict since 1982

12. Likes: Maui J. (8th November 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Suv-s a passing trend...don't think so, new technology in roadcars yes...can't be said about motorsports in general. The amount of teams and the risk of their withdrawl says otherwise. Also roadcars are cheap, in comparison to wrc budget and car price.