Page 94 of 102 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Tanak:
    I know how difficult it is to accept this kind of thing happening. This win should be yours @ElfynEvans, but we all know that this sport can be really cruel sometimes. Huge respect to you and the whole @MSportLtd, you were strong this weekend !

#TourdeCorse #WRC #Rallying https://t.co/ZVSjCn2iSL

2. Likes: EstWRC (31st March 2019)
    Liked 97 Times in 46 Posts
    In WRC history has there ever been another rim manufacturer who delivers faulty products for two season in row or has there even ever been rim issues before? At least can't remember any. Toyota could as well skip the rest of the tarmac rallies if this issue won't be solved. Maybe TGR should have something on a supplier agreement that supplier will pay the costs of lost wins and championships.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Fantastic drive from Elfyn, gutted for him. Reminds me of Poland '16 with Tänak. Anyway good to see that the cars I expected to be slowest on tarmac turned out to be the quickest. Also very good rally from Suninen, very consistent overall, with fast stage-times today. Being 1m25s from the win after 350km SS is quite close, keeping in mind that he didn't do the event with a WRC car before.

5. Likes: Barreis (31st March 2019),cali (31st March 2019),Mirek (31st March 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Japé View Post
    Maybe TGR should have something on a supplier agreement that supplier will pay the costs of lost wins and championships.
    Maybe such proposal wouldn't sound too attractive if you're a rim supplier... But sure there is work to be done at TGR. Mäkinen confirmed in a Finnish interview that they had stronger rims in Corsica than they had in Monte but that obviously didn't fix the issue.

7. Likes: AnttiL (31st March 2019)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    What's there to comment? Hardly Mikkelsen should have done better even considering how this event went. Usual Mikkelsen scenario is that he is on pace for the whole first day, then looses suddenly pace on the next day and crashes or crashes on the third day or smth like this. Sordo and Paddon is the way to go for Hyundai if they are serious about both titles. Paddon had the second best scoring ration in Hyundai for 2018.

I actually hope that Toyota will pick Paddon for the next year as I can't see Latvala get his act together.
    We are talking about Loeb, or actually we are not cause you talk about everyone else except Loeb.

The Loeb that was top 3 on just about all stages that he finished last year:
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/entryin...-2018/1736149/
    compare that to this:
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/entryin...-2019/2121690/

I don't believe Loeb suddenly forgot how to drive.

Loeb was hired to get better results than Sordo or Mikkelsen (otherwise there was little point in hiring him). So far in 2/3 rallies he finished behind them.

--------
    If you want to talk about other drivers then I wrote 4 pages back that it was good decision for Hyundai to use Sordo here instead of Mikkelsen... cause Loeb didn't perform. Mikkelsen would likely not have performed better than Sordo. He did finish 7th last year without crashing, Loeb 8th this year with 2 crashes (without them his pace puts him around Suninens position).

There is a certain patter at Hyundai:
    Paddon struggles -> Mikkelsen is hired
    Mikkelsen struggles -> Paddon is kicked and Loeb is hired
    Loeb struggles -> ? (ran out of drivers to hire?)

3 out of 5 drivers that drove the car so far struggled on rallies where they did well just a year before. (Sordo struggled only on rallies where he never did well (FIN, GB). I'd say Hyundai should focus more on making the car/driver combinations work than on switching drivers.
    Last edited by mknight; 31st March 2019 at 15:02.

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Tanak:
    I know how difficult it is to accept this kind of thing happening. This win should be yours @ElfynEvans, but we all know that this sport can be really cruel sometimes. Huge respect to you and the whole @MSportLtd, you were strong this weekend !

#TourdeCorse #WRC #Rallying https://t.co/ZVSjCn2iSL
    he knows exactly how it feels

poland 2016 anyone?

gutted for Evans
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

10. Likes: AnttiL (31st March 2019)
    Liked 1,122 Times in 600 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Japé View Post
    In WRC history has there ever been another rim manufacturer who delivers faulty products for two season in row or has there even ever been rim issues before? At least can't remember any. Toyota could as well skip the rest of the tarmac rallies if this issue won't be solved. Maybe TGR should have something on a supplier agreement that supplier will pay the costs of lost wins and championships.
    Maybe toyota should stop asking for lighter an less strong rims than the other manufacturers.

As far as i know they all use oz racing rims. So if only toyota's fail that must mean they use a different, less strong spec than the others.
    But i assume that using heavier rims would affect their performance.

12. Likes: tommeke_B (31st March 2019)
    Liked 179 Times in 70 Posts
    Lets not put it all on the rims. Tanak and Meeke are always quite aggressive on the cuts, which might be also play a role.

14. Likes: KiwiWRCfan (1st April 2019)
    Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USER47 View Post
    Lets not put it all on the rims. Tanak and Meeke are always quite aggressive on the cuts, which might be also play a role.
    Is Neuville less aggressive? I don't think so. Let's remember how his suspension kept braking constantly through the last season from cutting...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

16. Likes: er88 (31st March 2019),EstWRC (31st March 2019)
    Liked 97 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Maybe toyota should stop asking for lighter an less strong rims than the other manufacturers.

As far as i know they all use oz racing rims. So if only toyota's fail that must mean they use a different, less strong spec than the others.
    But i assume that using heavier rims would affect their performance.
    WRC+ studio has had a lot of guests from different partners / companies in past rallies. For next Germany and Catalonia rallies they could invite person from OZ Racing to talk about WRC rims manufacturing, testing, differences between teams etc. It would be very interesting since it seems to be the decider of the titles.

Also Michelin's Arnaud Rémy is interviewed every morning and afternoon, but WRC crew has never dared to ask about anything related punctures.