Page 37 of 344 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Although I understand the point on introducing so called WRC2 Pro, I think it just make things more complicated and a sport already difficult to understand from the casual person don't need more complexity.

2. Likes: pantealex (14th October 2018),RS (13th October 2018),sonnybobiche (12th November 2018)
    Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Although I understand the point on introducing so called WRC2 Pro, I think it just make things more complicated and a sport already difficult to understand from the casual person don't need more complexity.
    I'm not sure wanting the general public to understand the sport has ever been a real consideration.

4. Likes: sonnybobiche (12th November 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I don't think the average casual fan cares about WRC2.

The biggest issue the WRC have is they will now have to separate out the classes on the TV coverage. A solid 15 seconds for each will be fine I'm sure...

In all seriousness, maybe with this formalised pro WRC2 those manufacturers could band together to ensure some better coverage. I'd love to watch a 30min dedicated WRC2 edit on YouTube or even WRC+.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

6. Likes: Got Mail (14th October 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think WRC2 has been broken and this will fix it a bit. We will have a proper privateer title.
    A distincton between manus and privateers in WRC2 make sense but it could be done in a simple way, through a privateer cup inside WRC2 (a bit like ERC28 on the ERC).

What bothers me the most is the possibility (it’s still unclear) of this new WRC2 Pro to use R5+ cars; that would be a real threat to R5 balance around the world, as some regional or national series could also be tempted to use them alongside normal spec R5’s. Instead of having a handful of crews fighting for the win in the national events, we could have those being disputed only by a couple of favourites, as when WRC’s were allowed.
    Rally addict since 1982

8. Likes: AL14 (14th October 2018),pantealex (14th October 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post

What bothers me the most is the possibility (it’s still unclear) of this new WRC2 Pro to use R5+ cars
    I hope this nonsense won’t happen. At least it’s not mentioned in the latest rules...

10. Likes: dimviii (13th October 2018),Mirek (14th October 2018)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    In all seriousness, maybe with this formalised pro WRC2 those manufacturers could band together to ensure some better coverage. I'd love to watch a 30min dedicated WRC2 edit on YouTube or even WRC+.
    Didn’t they already promise that about 2 years ago?

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Didn’t they already promise that about 2 years ago?
    Yeah I seem to remember reading a press release about WRC2 coverage and then nothing happened.

All the footage exists they just need to pay someone to edit and voice it over.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    This year all major R5 manufacturers except Peugeot have been involved in WRC2. The fact that Škoda is dominating doesn't mean others are not involved. We've had works cars of M-Sport (Camilli), Citroën (Lefebvre) and Hyundai (Huttunen) in WRC2. You can easily check their entrant name in the entry lists and see that it's manufacturers not privateers. Recently M-Sport had even three works cars in Wales under its own banner (Camilli, Edwards and Laffey).
    Hmm, but then how do you define a manufacturer entry? The Citroen R5s are run by PH Sport and the Hyundai by BRC (I think), even Katsura and Arai are not run by a works team but are they true privateers?

The FIA release talks about attracting privateers and national champions, but isn’t this what ERC is for?

I think they should think more about the whole ladder and prize system.

14. Likes: pantealex (14th October 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I hope this nonsense won’t happen. At least it’s not mentioned in the latest rules...
    I hope not too, but then why have they only mentioned current spec cars use in the WRC2 privateer series? Besides, the Fabia tested in Portugal a couple of weeks ago didn’t look/sound as a current spec R5.

From the FIA PR:
    “Building on the success of the R5 car, a new WRC 2 Pro Championship for Drivers, Co-Drivers and Manufacturers will be created as a platform for registered R5 manufacturers.
    The same specification R5 car will continue to be used in the FIA WRC 2 Championship. This championship will be solely for private entrants, with the intention being to attract more drivers from national and regional championships.”
    Rally addict since 1982

16. Likes: pantealex (14th October 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Hmm, but then how do you define a manufacturer entry? The Citroen R5s are run by PH Sport and the Hyundai by BRC (I think), even Katsura and Arai are not run by a works team but are they true privateers?
    That's a good point. If let's say Lefebvre would be entered by PH-Sport and Huttunen by Sarrazin Motorsport, in which class would they compete in?
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

18. Likes: pantealex (14th October 2018)