Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Singapore GP

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Perez should have been black flagged for at least one intentional collision at racing speed, and Bottas should be ashamed asking Charlie to do something about The Hulk.

Personally I would prefer to see blue flags done away with, let the leaders work their way past back markers.

2. Likes: truefan72 (18th September 2018)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    The team should know if Perez actually had any rear slip to correct in the clash with Ocon .
    The second hit with Sirotkin was clearly his fault , as he was so far from being clear , having hit the Russian lad on the sidepod with his wheel that it was obvious the frustration had prompted it all .
    He had just complained to the race director , and was rebuffed , which also couldn't have helped his demeanor .

I've been saying all along that it won't be Perez who's staying .
    They don't need his money now .

I think he realized this move he was convinced to initiate , suing his team , has backfired .
    It's pure speculation on my part , but perhaps knowing he's not as favoured as he thought contributed to his churlish decision making on the track .

Lance and Esteban get along well . Stay tuned .

Bottas may not have covered himself in glory , whining to Charlie , but he was not the only driver to be affected heavily by the aero wake .
    He was nothing special there , but we have to remember his team-mate was in clear air , where every driver wanted to be , into that first corner , and , but for backmarker derby part way along , the rest of the race .

Hamilton was awesome , let me say firstly , and deserved that position in every way , with a flawless Saturday and Sunday both .
    Bottas , in a car famous for not being able to follow , dealt with a whole different scenario to his team-mate .

4. Likes: COD (20th September 2018)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    The team should know if Perez actually had any rear slip to correct in the clash with Ocon .
    The second hit with Sirotkin was clearly his fault , as he was so far from being clear , having hit the Russian lad on the sidepod with his wheel that it was obvious the frustration had prompted it all .
    He had just complained to the race director , and was rebuffed , which also couldn't have helped his demeanor .

I've been saying all along that it won't be Perez who's staying .
    They don't need his money now .

I think he realized this move he was convinced to initiate , suing his team , has backfired .
    It's pure speculation on my part , but perhaps knowing he's not as favoured as he thought contributed to his churlish decision making on the track .

Lance and Esteban get along well . Stay tuned .

Bottas may not have covered himself in glory , whining to Charlie , but he was not the only driver to be affected heavily by the aero wake .
    He was nothing special there , but we have to remember his team-mate was in clear air , where every driver wanted to be , into that first corner , and , but for backmarker derby part way along , the rest of the race .

Hamilton was awesome , let me say firstly , and deserved that position in every way , with a flawless Saturday and Sunday both .
    Bottas , in a car famous for not being able to follow , dealt with a whole different scenario to his team-mate .
    Well FI team boss stated on camera that Perez should have given more room as he thought there was ample space for him to do so. That said, it was a risky move by Ocon anyway, l think they may have crashed anyway fighting each other along the straight after the corner to the next chicane. I did not think during the race coverage, that it was good judgement to attempt an overtake of his teammate at that stage of the race, as that would put the team's prospect at risk.

Hence, to be fair, both of the Force India drivers were at fault. Because l fail to see why Ocon would expect Perez to allow him to overtake him at that stage of the race. The Force India team simply have no idea how to manage their drivers at race weekend, they throw away constructors points as a consequence. The amount of constructors points they threw away last season was shocking really.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 19th September 2018 at 23:10.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Well FI team boss stated on camera that Perez should have given more room as he thought there was ample space for him to do so. That said, it was a risky move by Ocon anyway, l think they may have crashed anyway fighting each other along the straight after the corner to the next chicane. I did not think during the race coverage, that it was good judgement to attempt an overtake of his teammate at that stage of the race, as that would put the team's prospect at risk.

Hence, to be fair, both of the Force India drivers were at fault. Because l fail to see why Ocon would expect Perez to allow him to overtake him at that stage of the race. The Force India team simply have no idea how to manage their drivers at race weekend, they throw away constructors points as a consequence. The amount of constructors points they threw away last season was shocking really.
    The door was wide open , so it shouldn't be a surprise that Ocon went in .
    A racing driver should .

Since Otmar said Sergio should have given more room , we should be able to surmise that Perez could have done so , so it was not a skid correction , but starts to look more like an act of instinctive desperation .
    It reminded me of a pass once upon a time in Jerez .

Otmar has stated that there will now be team orders .
    This says there were none until now , and thus , there should be no reason that Ocon should not pass as there was ample room for him to do so .
    And , I'm not sure why it would matter about what stage of the race one might try to pass .

7. Likes: truefan72 (20th September 2018)
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yodasarmpit View Post
    Perez should have been black flagged for at least one intentional collision at racing speed, and Bottas should be ashamed asking Charlie to do something about The Hulk.

Personally I would prefer to see blue flags done away with, let the leaders work their way past back markers.
    That's maybe a little idealistic, because back markers, who are more and more B-teams, would put up a fight only against some drivers/teams and let others just breeze by. I can imagine a feisty Haas against a Mercedes and a very unambitious one against Ferrari, influencing a result.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    That's maybe a little idealistic, because back markers, who are more and more B-teams, would put up a fight only against some drivers/teams and let others just breeze by. I can imagine a feisty Haas against a Mercedes and a very unambitious one against Ferrari, influencing a result.
    That’s one of the big arguments for blue flags to stay as they are. There’s too much politics in f1 and b teams will always be kinder to A teams which in the case of Mercedes would be an unfair advantage as RBR havr Torro
    Rosso and Ferrari have Haas. Blue flags are fine as they are and don’t need to change. There just needs to be harsher punishment for those ignoring them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    The door was wide open , so it shouldn't be a surprise that Ocon went in .
    A racing driver should .

Since Otmar said Sergio should have given more room , we should be able to surmise that Perez could have done so , so it was not a skid correction , but starts to look more like an act of instinctive desperation .
    It reminded me of a pass once upon a time in Jerez .

Otmar has stated that there will now be team orders .
    This says there were none until now , and thus , there should be no reason that Ocon should not pass as there was ample room for him to do so .
    And , I'm not sure why it would matter about what stage of the race one might try to pass .
    You have a point Baggie, but this race shows that the risk of overtaking teammates on the first lap can lead to accidents that can be avoided. You would see this in Ricciado and Verstapenn, Grosjean and Magnussen etc in recent races this season. With the points and Money lost due to change of name [another daft idea], you would think that Force India would be keen to ensure they grab as much point possible by driving for the team and not for personal glory. Whichever way you look at it, it is clear that all parties [team and drivers] were at fault. But l agree that Perez should carry the lion share of the blame.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 23rd September 2018 at 13:31.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    That’s one of the big arguments for blue flags to stay as they are. There’s too much politics in f1 and b teams will always be kinder to A teams which in the case of Mercedes would be an unfair advantage as RBR havr Torro
    Rosso and Ferrari have Haas. Blue flags are fine as they are and don’t need to change. There just needs to be harsher punishment for those ignoring them.
    Don't forget Sauber for Ferrari as well!
    William Shakespeare