Page 166 of 167 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1665
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Citroën version of the already known electric Corsa?
    The one they used in Höljes wasn't It, which Mads was supposed to drive, based on an R5
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

2. Likes: Mirek (13th December 2020)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    In the same interview in the norwegian podcast "Lyktepodden" (Lightpod) Østberg also said that on the stages where weather was changing to more winterish roads, that he was sitting rewriting notes via all live, and Eriksen changing wheels around in between stages. Smart!

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Dirtfish have nice gap to fill - official channel need to provide neutral facts but they can provide opinions, they can publish rumors, they can make interviews the way like they want and provide content which is not doable by wrc.com.
    Do note that DirtFish do make commercial co-operation with several drivers and events, in other words those drivers and events pay DirtFish to produce and publish content about them. It can create a bit of a weird situation when they co-operate with one but not with the other and especially if there is something negative to report about. DirtFish is OK as long as you know how to read them. The worst thing DirtFish did was pretty killing all rallying content from Autosport - and I'm silly enough to believe Autosport works or worked more independently.

The job of wrc.com is just to create content to support the championship. It's fully open commercial operation. It still could be better, way better, but in a way, at least myself, I don't expect anything from them.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

5. Likes: AnttiL (14th December 2020),cali (14th December 2020),Eli (14th December 2020),the sniper (14th December 2020)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post

The job of wrc.com is just to create content to support the championship. It's fully open commercial operation. It still could be better, way better, but in a way, at least myself, I don't expect anything from them.
    I still think the best way to support something is to have good journalism

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    In my opinion, a rally like Monza could be on the calendar.

But you need at least two real stages outside the track every day. They have naturally very good roads in the mountains, and I guess they can find a road or three closer to the track as well.
    But with more planning they can make a great rally.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I agree, just do more of the mountain stages and maybe one circuit stage every day at most.

For this pandemic era it was acceptable to do it like this on a quick notice.

9. Likes: pantealex (14th December 2020)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Ogier - Monza snow could make me champion:
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/ogier...e-me-champion/
    Looking back, this was an amazing call by Ogier and reported by Dirtfish.

Not only was he spot-on re the impact of the snow on the rally. But also how his words evidently got into Evans' mind.

This made him think he was going too slowly on SS11 compared to Ogier and brough about the Championship-deciding crash.

Great driver, great psychologist.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

Great driver, great psychologist.
    Good driver - yes. But his so called 'mind games' are frankly amateur when compared to those in other sports. Why anybody would fall for them is beyond belief. It honestly makes me laugh when commentators say he's this genius regarding psyching the other drivers out. They need to get out more - and watch some other sport.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

12. Likes: cali (14th December 2020),EstWRC (14th December 2020),logic (15th December 2020),seb_sh (20th December 2020),TWRC (16th December 2020)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    It doesnt take much in rallying as driver's generally have little experience of 'mind-games'. Just planting a little seed of doubt can be enough.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Good driver - yes. But his so called 'mind games' are frankly amateur when compared to those in other sports. Why anybody would fall for them is beyond belief. It honestly makes me laugh when commentators say he's this genius regarding psyching the other drivers out. They need to get out more - and watch some other sport.
    Absolutely no idea how Eddie thinks it was mind games when Ogier would have gone off, if it wasn't for Evans slowing him down?
    If it wasn't for Evans, there would have been two Toyotas in the ditch - some mind games.

15. Likes: pantealex (15th December 2020)