Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    look at the difference between Tänak vs Paddon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ncOWqfUVs

Tänak has quite a "straight" or nosy? style nowadays IMO, he used to be one of the flamboyant and agressive ones back in the day but not anymore...and i think thats also why he is so consistent now and doesnt have incidents. And this is not based alone on the video above.

Correct me if i am wrong, im not an expert at all at this.
    I'm not expert either so I may be wrong as well, but I think what Tanak improved the most is not that he became "nosy" but that he has now more control over the car. I remember his onboards before dmack, he went like a crazy man in the corner and made more adjustment to the trajectory. Now he put the car in the corner controlling the car from the very beginning of the corner preserving the same speed but in a more safe way. I don't see him less sideways than before. Also he has much more confidence than before and that helps.

In general I think we should not stick into the "nosy"/"rear" rethoric in this thread. Things are more complex than that IMHO.
    Ogier has a very different style than Loeb even if we can put both of them in the nosy category. I think there are differences that goes beyond putting the car sideways on corners.

2. Likes: EstWRC (23rd February 2018)
    Liked 12,162 Times in 5,216 Posts
    i agree about the part of Tänak having more control of the car but still IMO he is much less sideways than previous years.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: AL14 (23rd February 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Ogier has a very different style than Loeb
    In which ways?

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    In which ways?
    As I said I'm not expert so I am not able to argue this without taking the risk to say stupid things. Anyway I can see the different style, I think we all can and we all agree they are have differences.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    In which ways?
    https://youtu.be/0LUPCTivqw4

Back in 2013 when we could compare them, ogier was nowhere near as tidy and nose first as loeb.
    But of course, that was a long time ago. I think ogiers driving style is closer to loebs now than it was then.

8. Likes: AnttiL (23rd February 2018),dimviii (23rd February 2018),Mise (24th February 2018),steve.mandzij (23rd February 2018),TWRC (24th February 2018)
    Liked 103 Times in 45 Posts
    In which ways?
    I'd say the biggest difference on Loeb's style compared to actually anyone was the huge control in brakings.
    Which means he can be on full throttle earlier than the rest and with such control he didn't crash very often
    since the rear of the car wasn't sideways.

10. Likes: A FONDO (24th February 2018),AL14 (24th February 2018),cali (24th February 2018)
    Liked 103 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    https://youtu.be/0LUPCTivqw4

Back in 2013 when we could compare them, ogier was nowhere near as tidy and nose first as loeb.
    But of course, that was a long time ago. I think ogiers driving style is closer to loebs now than it was then.
    Great video.
    Loeb entering the corner with his very controlled breaking, getting the front tyres straight in a four wheel slide, getting to full throttle very early and no oversteering after that.
    Ogier entering with wider line, lotsa understeer at first, then to full throttle and oversteering after that.
    If he looses time, it's in the acceleration after the corner.

Edit: even a better video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oywcszBoftQ

12. Likes: Adler (25th February 2018),cali (24th February 2018),steve.mandzij (24th February 2018)
    Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    there is a video from sardinia that shows in a great way the difference between the two sebs.it is from a left fast downhill corner. it is from different years.Ogier drives polo and loeb ds3.I cant find it right now but i am sure it has been posted to this forum.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 112 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mise View Post
    Most interesting imho: 8 people crossing the road to get further view on loeb, only 2 crossing for ogier

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Loeb steers the car with the breaks and throttle. Always amazing to watch him. Hard on the breaks into a corner with full control of the car...