Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Oliver Solberg

Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Like father like son! Petter actually copied this from Oliver on to his own FB page. https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/likefatherlikeson
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    My thouhgts after ARF; will Oliver keep Seb as co-driver in his future career? Or is Seb under contract with other driver?

If I were team behind Oliver, this is what will contribute very much, no matter how good his Irish mate was. Is it harsh?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

3. Likes: pantealex (7th March 2021)
    Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts
    Why Oliver should change codriver? Aaron only didn't start cause FIA stupid protocol.

5. Likes: AnttiL (5th March 2021)
    Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    Oliver said that aron is his codriver this year, but they had seb in backup due to covid.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Why Oliver should change codriver? Aaron only didn't start cause FIA stupid protocol.
    I know that of course. Read my quote again. I just made a question.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

8. Likes: pantealex (7th March 2021)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    What should Hyundai do next with Solberg?

After an amazing World Rally Car debut, everyone wants to know what Oliver Solberg does next. DirtFish debates

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/what-...-with-solberg/

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    As I wrote just after Arctic for the future he needs 3 things:
    1. Learn rallies
    2. Learn to keep stable performance trough a rally
    3. Learn to get a result when expected to ("under pressure")

1-2. he can learn in both WRC and Rally2. 3. is obviously not so easy with WRC, but it's also the last thing needed. So if someone provides the money surely he can drive WRC all the time. My impression is that the cost difference is huge though.

Don't like the "simple" comments made by multiple commentators saying "he has shown he is ready". Ready for what? Fight for championship, totally no. Fight for wins, no. Drive around in 4-6 place.... sure he has shown that, but what does that give by itself? Note that Rovanpera with like 2 years more R5/Rally2 experience basically had 2 rallies where he was in podium fight last year (Sweden and Estonia), on the others he was always clearly behind the other 5 drivers.

What I find funny in that article is D. Evans saying that putting him to WRC right now is "playing the long game" while driving Rally2 is better for short term. My impression is entirely the opposite and a lot of arguments in that article say the same. Clearly putting him in the car for Arctic was extremely short-term motivated by Adamo, as claimed by himself.

If 2022 cars were the same as this year it would be much clearer pick but they are not, especially the lack of active center dif imo also makes a big difference (lately Lappi said that in Arctic).
    For Rally2 there is the important step of driving the old or the new car. The old one does seem to lack a bit behind competition on some surfaces (rough gravel and maybe a bit also on very fast gravel).

Anyway, there is a calendar of WRC rallies set up. No point to discuss abstract starts when we can discuss specific events. I'd pick this:
    Croatia - Rally2, doesn't have much tarmac experience, I20 R5 seems decent on tarmac lately
    Portugal and Sardinia - both in same car, WRC if new Rally2 car is not homologated yet, else new Rally2
    Safari - doesn't matter imo
    Estonia and Finland - again both same, WRC
    Ypres, Chile, Catalunya and Japan - all Rally2 (unless the new one isn't ready)

That's 4x WRC and 5x Rally 2.

This also disregards any WRC2 title ambitions, hard to say how important that is for Hyundai. In either case the first big decision point is after Croatia with factors deciding:
    - result in Croatia (anything worse than 3rd (or even 2nd), will made it really hard to have any WRC2 title chance while still doing some WRC starts imo. So ironically worse result should mean more WRC starts
    - status of new Rally2 car homologation

Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    What should Hyundai do next with Solberg?

After an amazing World Rally Car debut, everyone wants to know what Oliver Solberg does next. DirtFish debates

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/what-...-with-solberg/
    What should dirtfish make a story on next with Oliver...
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

12. Likes: cali (7th March 2021),Co-driven (8th March 2021),EstWRC (7th March 2021),pantealex (7th March 2021),Rallyper (8th March 2021)
    Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Oliver need to start seeing the chess-flag!

If you as a junior from the team is told to play libero, and wait till the others fail, and learn - then you need to do that.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    starting with Rally2 in Portugal is great idea for future, much better than staying home.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

15. Likes: Rallyper (26th April 2022),Sulland (25th April 2022)