Page 143 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1542
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Oliver Solberg with i20 WRC in Catalunya!

Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    What he has done to deserve again this chance? A couple of stage wins and a crash in Greece. Can not understand Adamo´s thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    What he has done to deserve again this chance? A couple of stage wins and a crash in Greece. Can not understand Adamo´s thinking.
    Why not? Season ending, last events with these cars..
    same could ask about Loubet?

It's not our money that they get to drive for
    To me it's cool to see him in WRC car!

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Madness.

He needs a stable long-term program (preferably with one car but at least in same category) and a real coach + maybe experienced co-driver (these two can be one person).

Between Adamos ambitions to turn him into new Rovanpera in 1/3 of the time and his parents who (from the outside) seem like a fan squad his career is getting ruined.

Currently his average time between major issues is 2 stages. Last time he managed driving more than one leg without issues is 5 rallies ago.

There are 2 real risks:

- No development ( that's already happening, what signs are there he is any different driver than in January?)
    - If Adamo gets kicked and the new person is not Solberg's fanboy or if say Hyundai pulls out who will suddenly hire Solberg? Sure with his parents and their connections he will find some way to drive, but again it slows any development.

5. Likes: steve.mandzij (13th September 2021)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Clearly Adamo is fast tracking him into the main team and sees Solberg as the future. Autosport claiming Adamo told Breen he couldn't offer him a full season, so.....

I'd now be surpised if Solberg/ Sordo sharing the 3rd car doesn't happen now. I guess unless Oliver has an absolute disaster in the last few rallies.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Madness.

He needs a stable long-term program (preferably with one car but at least in same category) and a real coach + maybe experienced co-driver (these two can be one person).

Between Adamos ambitions to turn him into new Rovanpera in 1/3 of the time and his parents who (from the outside) seem like a fan squad his career is getting ruined.

Currently his average time between major issues is 2 stages. Last time he managed driving more than one leg without issues is 5 rallies ago.

There are 2 real risks:

- No development ( that's already happening, what signs are there he is any different driver than in January?)
    - If Adamo gets kicked and the new person is not Solberg's fanboy or if say Hyundai pulls out who will suddenly hire Solberg? Sure with his parents and their connections he will find some way to drive, but again it slows any development.
    Not madness, but anyway kind of weird.

However Oliver is strong mentally and is for sure on a level of speed beyond many drivers. I´d say also in a WRC car.

What he need now is a more consistent variable driving, using stages wisely, by coaching, including experienced co-driver. (has been discussed here before...)
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    It´s weird yes
    but
    his results with Hyundai WRC are way better than his results with Hyundai R5/Rally2 ...

Maybe WRC suits him better ?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

9. Likes: Rallyper (13th September 2021)
    Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Hyundai Motorsport

�� We are happy to announce our WRC2 line-up for RallyRACC in October! Our Junior Driver Jari Huttunen will be joined by compatriot Teemu Suninen Racing both driving the new Hyundai i20 N Rally2!
    #HMSGOfficial | #WRC2 | #RallySpain

11. Likes: pantealex (13th September 2021),Portimao (13th September 2021),Rally Hokkaido (15th September 2021),Rallyper (13th September 2021),the sniper (13th September 2021)
    Teemu Suninen

Great news, we'll join Hyundai Motorsport! 🙌🏼

Hyundai Motorsport is known as a great team with strong team morale, professional and motivating mentality. The whole team has always been oriented on good results in WRC and also in WRC2. It is great to be part of this big team, and I’m looking forward to the whole experience and delivering results in WRC2 with the new Hyundai i20 N Rally2 car at Rally de España in a couple of weeks. 💪🏼

Hyundai Motorsport | #Rally2 | #WRC2 | #TeemuSuninen | #RallyRACC

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Some ROI to Juohki...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...