Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Not washed up at all , Tazzy .
    He'll be on the top step this year for sure , the way he's going now .

But there's a girl in his ear , whispering that this current two-year contract is enough , so it might be hard to keep him on board next time around .

Go Fred !
    Yeah, I read the comments from "the temptress". However,
    I think that if he had to make a choice between F1, and the tart......well....."Box Box". Wait, maybe on second thought that might be a bit ambiguous. Let's just say I think he could find a skirt that will encourage him to keep racing.
    May the forza be with you

2. Likes: Bagwan (24th March 2023)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    They are looking so spineless at the mo. I was quite surprised at how they let Abu Dhabi 2021 go so easily, no fight no backbone which this sport is all about. Their driver do that for them every race weekend and when it came time for them to show some spunk, nothing!
    And they wonder why they’ve dropped down the pecking order. Imagine being an engineer spending months away from your family, or working shifts night and day in Brackley, busting your balls to give Lewis the best car to win, only to be robbed of the championship. Initially your team throws a brief strop only to bend over and take it. Then that selfish prick Lewis Hamilton comes along and says he doesn’t want to win his 8th title in court without any regard for the ball busting work you’ve done all year because it’s really all about him.

I can’t imagine anything more demotivating from an engineers point of view. Screw’em, I hope they never win again.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    And they wonder why they’ve dropped down the pecking order. Imagine being an engineer spending months away from your family, or working shifts night and day in Brackley, busting your balls to give Lewis the best car to win, only to be robbed of the championship. Initially your team throws a brief strop only to bend over and take it. Then that selfish prick Lewis Hamilton comes along and says he doesn’t want to win his 8th title in court without any regard for the ball busting work you’ve done all year because it’s really all about him.

I can’t imagine anything more demotivating from an engineers point of view. Screw’em, I hope they never win again.
    Well, it is the lack of gusto that has allowed them to be relegated to the midfield as they failed to fight for those things that would prevent them from losing their advantages. They have weakly accepted all the propositions that ensure they lose the edge that was attained through great efforts and commitment. They seem to be in disarray and lacking a solid centre from which to regroup. I am not seeing a solid foundation in the team at the moment that would facilitate a quick turnaround. The hesitation to recognise that they need a shakeup to stop the rut is also not inspiring confidence in the team at the moment.

That said, Mercedes still have the competencies, resources and motivation to succeed. Hence, they may dig deep and turn things around. The way they are going at the moment, it may take a few years.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Well, it is the lack of gusto that has allowed them to be relegated to the midfield as they failed to fight for those things that would prevent them from losing their advantages. They have weakly accepted all the propositions that ensure they lose the edge that was attained through great efforts and commitment. They seem to be in disarray and lacking a solid centre from which to regroup. I am not seeing a solid foundation in the team at the moment that would facilitate a quick turnaround. The hesitation to recognise that they need a shakeup to stop the rut is also not inspiring confidence in the team at the moment.

That said, Mercedes still have the competencies, resources and motivation to succeed. Hence, they may dig deep and turn things around. The way they are going at the moment, it may take a few years.
    You didn't mention anything about Mr. Knight calling Lewis a "selfish prick" .
    Do you agree with him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    You didn't mention anything about Mr. Knight calling Lewis a "selfish prick" .
    Do you agree with him ?
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions. To be fair, Hamilton is part of that as well. To let such an open afront slide without heavy criticism and exposure of the undelying manipulation of the the result is cowardly and facilitated it by not doing anything about it.
    William Shakespeare

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. To be fair, Hamilton is part of that as well. To let such an open afront slide without heavy criticism and exposure of the undelying manipulation of the the result is cowardly and facilitated it by not doing anything about it.
    I'm not sure what your answer is.
    Are y'all Boyz giving a back-handed no, or a thinly veiled yes?
    I don't think "The Boss" is any more selfish than about 80 percent of the pilots. I mean they all are a little. I think that his comments from the following link shows he actually is conscious of his responsibility to his crew. I think maybe he took advice from his father, and/or others in this matter. I think the guy deserves a break

https://www.marca.com/en/f1/2021/11/...b388b4617.html

"But anyways. I don't mind being the one that... I am not too big or too successful to have to back out to fight another day. I know that is sometimes the route you have to take. You have to be the smarter one," Hamilton said in an interview with the BBC.

"And sometimes you lose points in doing that, for sure, but it's not just about me. I have 2,000 people behind me and through that selfish decision I could make - 'No, I'm going to hold my ground' and don't finish - that costs all my team potential bonuses at the end of the year, all the hard work they have to do, the damage of the car. I am conscious of those things also."

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tazio; 27th March 2023 at 00:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I'm not sure what your answer is.
    Are y'all Boyz giving a back-handed no, or a thinly veiled yes?
    I don't think "The Boss" is any more selfish than about 80 percent of the pilots. I mean they all are a little. I think that his comments from the following link shows he actually is conscious of his responsibility to his crew. I think maybe he took advice from his father, and/or others in this matter. I think the guy deserves a break

https://www.marca.com/en/f1/2021/11/...b388b4617.html

"But anyways. I don't mind being the one that... I am not too big or too successful to have to back out to fight another day. I know that is sometimes the route you have to take. You have to be the smarter one," Hamilton said in an interview with the BBC.

"And sometimes you lose points in doing that, for sure, but it's not just about me. I have 2,000 people behind me and through that selfish decision I could make - 'No, I'm going to hold my ground' and don't finish - that costs all my team potential bonuses at the end of the year, all the hard work they have to do, the damage of the car. I am conscious of those things also."

It is not in the nature of these racers to be a loser, which essentially is what Mercedes and Hamilton accepted to be in 2021. Why did they accepted to be a loser in a situation where they were clearly robbed; l should say Hamilton was robbed and Mercedes had nothing to lose as they had won the constructors championship but failed to assist him in fighting the clear absurdity that transpired.

As fans, we watch these race weekends to see racing gladiators demonstrate great skill and gutsy feats of battles and overcome tough tribulations to triumph in some way. What we saw from Mercedes and to some extent Hamilton was cowardly; to say the least. If someone pisses on your shoes and shit in the middle of your bed and you say it is smarter to do nothing, they would come back in the future and do exactly the same because they know you would do nothing about it.

I would accept any view if whoever is presenting that view can say if the situation was reversed and it was Redbnull in Mercedes' shoes, that Redbull would let it go without a fuss as Mercedes did. I bet my car on it, that they would have made such a colossal fuss and may have probably got the decision reversed. Kind of like what Aston Martin did in Jeddah to get Alonso restored to the podium. Redbull would have at least made the FIA feel the heat of their displeasure and we may still be hearing Horner talking about it even today.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 28th March 2023 at 12:16.
    William Shakespeare

Talking about Alonso, the stewards are still very indecisive in their procedure of penalizing infractions of the rules. If the jack is not supposed to touch the car during a time penalty, this was the occasion to make that perfectly clear. Rather they did an embarrassing turn around which now creates a precedent "that jacks are allowed to touch the car during time penalties". They at least now leave it to the next occasion when this would happen and they expose themselves to the risk of being accused of having double standards if they penalize that occasion. They may get away with it if it was a Mercedes, they don't challenge anything, do they.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 28th March 2023 at 12:30.
    William Shakespeare

It is not in the nature of these racers to be a loser, which essentially is what Mercedes and Hamilton accepted to be in 2021. Why did they accepted to be a loser in a situation where they were clearly robbed; l should say Hamilton was robbed and Mercedes had nothing to lose as they had won the constructors championship but failed to assist him in fighting the clear absurdity that transpired.

As fans, we watch these race weekends to see racing gladiators demonstrate great skill and gutsy feats of battles and overcome tough tribulations to triumph in some way. What we saw from Mercedes and to some extent Hamilton was cowardly; to say the least. If someone pisses on your shoes and shit in the middle of your bed and you say it is smarter to do nothing, they would come back in the future and do exactly the same because they know you would do nothing about it.

I would accept any view if whoever is presenting that view can say if the situation was reversed and it was Redbnull in Mercedes' shoes, that Redbull would let it go without a fuss as Mercedes did. I bet my car on it, that they would have made such a colossal fuss and may have probably got the decision reversed. Kind of like what Aston Martin did in Jeddah to get Alonso restored to the podium. Redbull would have at least made the FIA feel the heat of their displeasure and we may still be hearing Horner talking about it even today.
    I see you have stopped short of calling "The Boss" a "selfish prick", or you just don't want to express your opinion in this matter A couple of us were curious if you agreed with Blackie. It's all good mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I see you have stopped short of calling "The Boss" a "selfish prick", or you just don't want to express your opinion in this matter A couple of us were curious if you agreed with Blackie. It's all good mate.

That is because his decision was not selfish but cowardly. He probably has a good reason for deciding not to take action, l don't really know. But it looks cowardly from the outside looking in.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 28th March 2023 at 23:49.
    William Shakespeare